Search | User Listing Vidsite | Calendars | Quotes
Home Page ->  General Discussion -> News for Everyone -> View ThreadLogon (or Register, or Join TradeTight)

You are logged in as a limited-access Guest.To join TradeTight, first read the info in the Organization & Content room, then click the link above. 

Proverbs 16:9 (ESV) ... The heart of a man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps.

Nirvana "Bash" 2013
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 msgs/pg]
Jump to room :
JimDean
Posted 3/11/2013 3:52 PM (#4381)
Subject: Nirvana "Bash" 2013

Owner/Admin

We will have a TradeTight Seminar at the hotel, early on Saturday afternoon (from ~1p to 5p). Everyone is welcome ... but it will help to know who is going to try to come. So, please email me if you would like to attend that meeting - hvacsage@yahoo.com. As in prior years, Nirvana has arranged with the hotel to provide a meeting room for us.

Please drop me an email if you would like to share a cab from the airport to the hotel on Saturday morning.

If you are NOT a NClub member right now, but you would like to come to the Bash as an Invited Guest, please let me know and I'll set it up for you. There is no cost to attend. You just pay for your travel, lodging and meals. I'll explain why you might want to come in the next post.

Here is my flight info, fwiw:
Sat ... 01JUN ... Delta 1868 ... LV ATLANTA, GA (ATL) 8:39am ... AR AUSTIN, TX (AUS) 10:07am
Mon ... 03JUN ... Delta 686 ... LV AUSTIN, TX (AUS) 6:59pm ... AR ATLANTA, GA (ATL) 10:10pm

More info in the next five postings ...
Top of the page Bottom of the page
JimDean
Posted 3/11/2013 3:59 PM (#4382 - in reply to #4381)

Owner/Admin

Here's what they said in the invitation letter:

Social & Dinner:
Saturday, June 1st 6:30pm – 8:30pm
Nirvana Systems’ Office
7000 N. Mopac – in the courtyard

Bash:
Sunday, June 2nd 9am – 4pm
Monday, June 3rd 9am – 4pm

Austin Marriott North
2600 La Frontera Blvd.
Round Rock, TX 78681

Special rates for sleeping rooms:
Saturday, June 1st through Monday, June 3rd
$132 single/double occupancy

Call the Marriott at 800-865-0546 to make your hotel reservation.
Be sure to mention that you are part of the Nirvana Systems group.
You must make your reservation by May 10th to receive the discount.
JimDean
Posted 3/11/2013 4:02 PM (#4383 - in reply to #4382)

Owner/Admin

Here's info about the Bash agenda:

The theme this year will be Applied Trading Technology; using ARM4 and the Nirvana Tools for maximum results in your trading. I don’t have an agenda quite yet, but here is the lineup of topics we are now reviewing for inclusion:
Tentative BASH Agenda:

Focus on Trading Technology - Reversion to Mean Strategies, Swing Trading, & Long Term Trading
Applications of ARM4 - Using the Primary tools of ARM4 to Improve Strategies
Using VisualTrader to it’s maximum potential - Conquering the Markets is Easier when you can SEE them.
OmniTrader Professional - Building Great Strategies is easy with OT Pro
OptionTrader and Options Approaches - Income Strategies, Advanced Strategies, Applying ARM4 to Options Strategies
Real Time Scanning Tools - How they can improve your results in Real Time Trading
Elite Trader and OmniVest - Engaging the Market with all our Best Strategies

Our Omni Trader University continues to be a hit among members, and we will be leveraging university content at the BASH to provide the best experience we can for those who come. And, for those who can’t make it, we will once again provide a live broadcast. This was very successful last year and we are glad to do it. Even so, your best bet is to come in person, so you can share your experiences and trading notes with other members. I constantly am hearing the same thing from attendees, “This is a fabulous venue for Nirvana Club members – it’s always fun and informative.”

About OmniVest

As you are probably aware, the “big news” at Nirvana right now is OmniVest. From the initial announcement in September, we had over 300 sign up for the Beta Program. This has been one of the most intense software development efforts we have ever undertaken – running 100 Strategies on our servers and building Portfolios of Strategies to achieve superior returns and low draw downs.

This concept is very powerful. But make no mistake - we are still working towards our Ultimate Trading Machine objective – individual Strategies that are extremely accurate AND control risk to a high degree. And I think we made major advances in ARM4 in 2012 to put us on a good trajectory to meet our original goals. Nirvana Club members also have access to ARM4 versions of our Strategies inside OmniVest.

OmniVest leverages ALL our Strategy technology, because we can seamlessly run many Strategies at the same time, merging the Signals according to Symbol and Market Dynamics and intelligently allocating funds in an account to individual trades. I am telling you, this is the biggest breakthrough in fund management that I have ever seen. If you haven’t checked out OmniVest yet, I strongly suggest you do so! This is the future of personal fund management.
JimDean
Posted 3/11/2013 4:07 PM (#4384 - in reply to #4383)

Owner/Admin

Reasons to come to the Bash:

1. Meet your fellow TradeTight Members!
2. Come to the free TradeTight Sat afternoon meeting (agenda below)
3. Meet Nirvana staff (they are all there and all available)
4. Learn about the newest features from the project leaders
5. Learn about new things planned for upcoming months
6. Join us for a GROUP MEAL on Sun night at a nearby steakhouse
7. Free Sat night Bar-B-Que in courtyard of Nirvana's offices
8. Get to know, and learn from, some really skilled OT users
9. Toss around trading ideas, and how to use OT to implement

Special Bash-weekend discounts on software. Nicely bound book of slides.
JimDean
Posted 3/11/2013 4:41 PM (#4385 - in reply to #4384)

Owner/Admin

If you would like to come to the TradeTight meeting in the Bash hotel from ~1p-5p on Sat June 2nd in Austin before the Nirvana dinner begins, please email me. Everyone is welcome, whether NClub members or not ... even if you aren't yet a TradeTight member. SEATING IS LIMITED ... first come first served. We have a choice of meeting rooms - the one last year nominally seats 20 and (as in prior years) we've gotten pretty full, so I'd like to know ahead of time if we need a larger room this year.

Be sure to tell your friends who are not currently in TradeTight about this opportunity, too! Share the link to this thread with them ...
http://tradetight.org/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=856

Also, if you'd like to join us for dinner on Sunday night, please let me know in the email and include your cellphone so it's easy to touch base.

If you want to invite a guest, let me know that as well.

I you're not currently a Nirvana Club member but would like to come to the Bash in Austin from June 2nd-4th and see what the NClub is all about, and meet all the Nirvana staff, email me and I'll get you an invitation. No charge to attend. Full details are at the beginning of this thread.

================

*** TOPIC for the TradeTight Meeting ***

This year I plan to present TWO very useful topics/tools ... one can be implemented directly in OmniTrader (via OLang), and the other "really big" one is done via Excel (it incorporates the first one as well).

The first tool-topic is "SmartSizing via LiquiTurns Limits". I've written and taught about this many times in the past, and I keep on trying to get Nirvana to enhance their Position Sizing rules to accommodate this and other ideas. Hopefully this will get implemented in OmniVest and PortSim, eventually ... but even if it doesn't, you can use the Custom Focus List column feature of OT to do it for you. Smart Sizing is an approach I've used for many years ... at its core it is a combination of Percent of Equity and of ATR-Risk, and there are other possible enhancements. It's easy to understand, and universal for all stocks.

The second tool/topic is "Money Management Modelling" - an Equity Growth Simulator. I've ALSO written and taught about this repeatedly over the years. This simulator incorporates the SmartSizing & LiquiTurns calculations, but goes far beyond that. Amongst many other things, it provides a dynamic user-adjustable Slippage model, which is afaik unique (I've been trying to get Nirvana to include this in PortSim and OmniVest, also). The Simulator does MonteCarlo analysis based on expert-system generated random trades, comparing five different position-sizing rules and three different stop-loss exit methods. It provides several other money-management simulation inputs, such as reserve equity, automatic Equity transfer, strategy modelling by specification of %wins and range of reward/risk, etc. It models stock prices and volatility dynamically, based on bounded randomized values.

The Simulator spreadsheet is too complex to describe here any better than that ... but here are some of the benefits:
1. It allows you to quickly evaluate five different position sizing methods
2. It allows you to PROVE whether it's safe NOT to use exit stop-loss (risk of ruin)
3. It allows you to examine the impact of "peeling off profits" for non-trading use once your account size gets really big
4. It reports equity growth and max drawdown, with lots of notes and highlights along the way
5. (biggie) it simulates MULTIPLE INDEPENDENT POSITIONS (up to 10 but expandable) and how they interact

This is NOT a replacement for OT or PortSim or OVest ... it is a study tool. It does not use historical data or lists of stocks nor does it model any specific strategies. It's a simulation MODEL ... driven by bounded Random numbers (user inputs the bounds).

I'm sure that this will be FUN to present and discuss ... we'll open it up to the group to suggest different inputs and see the results as we go. I suspect it will be eye-opening for everyone.
JimDean
Posted 3/11/2013 10:36 PM (#4391 - in reply to #4385)

Owner/Admin

This year, in response to several requests from NClub attendees who were not on the TradeTight forum list, I've posted an invitation to the Saturday seminar directly on the Nirvana Club forum, here:

http://www.nirvanasystems.com/nirvana/nirvanaclub/members/NClubForu...
… the description of the seminar topics turned out to be somewhat different so you might want to check it out.

This means that its particularly important for y'all to "register" with me for the Sat seminar early. If I know in advance, I can probably work with the Marriott people to adjust the the room seating or even maybe get a larger room.

You will NOT need your PC to this meeting, btw. I'm not sure there will be tables for attendees, depending on how many will show up. Looking forward to hearing from you!
JimDean
Posted 4/30/2013 10:37 AM (#4567 - in reply to #4391)

Owner/Admin

If you missed the prior posts about the TradeTight activities for the Nirvana Bash, PLEASE click on the link and read down from the top of the thread. If you're interested in attending, you can't reply to this thread (this News Room is not set up for replies, sorry), but please do EMAIL me regarding any or all of these opportunities:

1. Attending the seminar on Saturday afternoon (details above)
2. Joining us for Sunday dinner at a walking-distance restaurant
3. Interested in sharing a cab from/to the airport (see times in first post)
4. Would like an invitation to the Bash (for non-NClub members)

Please also include your cellphone number in the email to make it easier to touch base. Thanks.

My email is: hvacsage@yahoo.com - I'll include my cell# in a reply to your email, and I'll post here periodically so you know who's coming. About twenty people have already said they are coming:
Bob Templeton, Salim Hira, John Jesko, Ray Wilson, Tony Jackson, LD Newby & Roger Boye, Randy McBeath, Domenic Bianco, Dan Grant, Keith Parsons and Larry & Cookie Luck, Bill Graves, Bob McFarland, Gerry Heiling, Steve Mayo, Wynn Ferrel, David Towery, Mel Dickover

It will be great to see you all again!
JimDean
Posted 5/11/2013 6:21 AM (#4666 - in reply to #4567)

Owner/Admin

Here's another (final) reminder about the Saturday afternoon free training session at the Bash hotel on June 1st in Austin. Complete details about schedule and content are in the prior posts of this thread. Email me if you want to come.

There is also another opportunity available for you. Due to a recent rescheduling, I will have the week just before and just after the Bash available for doing One on One private training in my home in Atlanta if you are interested. Primary focus for this kind of training is usually OmniLanguage &/or Strategy development related … content is up to you. If you are coming in from OVERSEAS then this is a way to get a bit more benefit for your airline expenses. If interested, email me for details: hvacsage@yahoo.com
JimDean
Posted 5/31/2013 4:53 PM (#4873 - in reply to #4666)

Owner/Admin

If you missed the prior posts about the TradeTight activities for the Nirvana Bash, PLEASE click on the link and read down from the top of the thread. If you're interested in attending, you can't reply to this thread (this News Room is not set up for replies, sorry), but please do EMAIL me regarding any or all of these opportunities:

1. Attending the seminar on Saturday afternoon (details above)
2. Joining us for Sunday dinner at a walking-distance restaurant
3. Interested in sharing a cab from/to the airport (see times in first post)
4. Would like an invitation to the Bash (for non-NClub members)

I have just confirmed with the hotel that we will be meeting in the Austin Room ... bigger than our prior meeting rooms - there will be tables for everyone. That room is just off the main fountain area on the right as you enter the hotel. Please let other people know about this who are coming.

When you email me, please include your cellphone number, to make it easier to touch base. Thanks.

My email is: hvacsage@yahoo.com - I'll include my cell# in a reply to your email, and I'll post here periodically so you know who's coming. I have names for 24 people and the room holds 30 ... but Duane said maybe he is bringing up to 5 friends. I will hold seats at the tables for people who send me name and phone# ahead - we will probably have some "walk ins" so PLEASE email me TONIGHT if you are (or are not) coming:
Bob Templeton, Salim Hira, John Jesko, Ray Wilson, Tony Jackson, LD Newby & Roger Boye, Randy McBeath, Domenic Bianco, Dan Grant, Larry & Cookie Luck, Bill Graves, Bob McFarland, Gerry Heiling, Steve Mayo, Wynn Ferrel, David Towery, Mel Dickover, Bruce & Carla Britt, Gary Rickle, Dave Olson, Scott Shanline, Duane Bokhart (+maybe 5)

It will be great to see you all again!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 msgs/pg]
( E-mail a Link | Printer Version | Search Room )

Owner of site: Jim Dean -- Forum content is confidential, and may not be distributed without written permission.