Search | User Listing Vidsite | Calendars | Quotes
Home Page ->  General Discussion -> Books, Docs & Tutorials -> View ThreadLogon (or Register, or Join TradeTight)

You are logged in as a limited-access Guest.To join TradeTight, first read the info in the Organization & Content room, then click the link above. 

Matthew 25:16,21 (ESV) … He who had received the five talents went at once and traded with them, and he made five talents more … his master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.’

Free Linda Raschke videos
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 msgs/pg]
Jump to room :
RossKovacs
Posted 2/22/2013 9:46 AM (#4353)
Subject: Free Linda Raschke videos

Veteran

If you have read any real material on trading, you will have seen the name Linda Bradford Raschke.
She is doing a series on "Improving Trading Performance with Better Execution".
Just looking at her trading workstation is interesting.
These videos are short and general in nature, but very interesting if you actually trade.
Here are links to the first 2 videos:

Have a plan before you begin trading --
http://www.futuresmag.com/2013/01/31/linda-raschke-have-a-plan-befo...

Setting up your workstation --
http://www.futuresmag.com/2013/02/14/linda-raschke-setting-up-your-...
Top of the page Bottom of the page
RossKovacs
Posted 3/2/2013 2:23 PM (#4354 - in reply to #4353)

Veteran

Third in the series -- Fix mistakes immediately.

http://www.futuresmag.com/2013/02/28/linda-raschke-fix-mistakes-imm... mpaign=FUT_eNL&_LID=129517314

Reminds me of an old Frank Sinatra song with a lyric "mistakes, yes I've made a few..."
It helps me to see an active successful trader admit mistakes; somehow it makes it easier to admit my own mistakes.

Edited by RossKovacs 3/2/2013 2:26 PM
GaryRickle
Posted 3/4/2013 7:49 AM (#4357 - in reply to #4353)

Friend

Ross,

Good advice for mistakes.

A story that helped me deal with mistakes was always told by the late David Elliott. He said that if you were making a peanut butter sandwich and after putting the peanut butter on it slipped out of your hand and landed on the floor, it always landed peanut butter side down and was now not fit to eat and you would have to throw it away. He called all his trading errors "Peanut Butter Trades". Close them out and move on.

We all hope that we don't make mistakes, but as Linda points out "stuff happens". In most cases, the sooner you admit and adjust the better.

Here's hoping that we have fewer peanut butter trades in the future.

G
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 msgs/pg]
( E-mail a Link | Printer Version | Search Room )

Owner of site: Jim Dean -- Forum content is confidential, and may not be distributed without written permission.