Search | User Listing Vidsite | Calendars | Quotes
Home Page ->  General Discussion -> Data Vendor Details -> View ThreadLogon (or Register, or Join TradeTight)

You are logged in as a limited-access Guest.To join TradeTight, first read the info in the Organization & Content room, then click the link above. 

Psalm 37:5 (NKJV) ... Commit your way to the Lord, trust also in Him, and He will bring it to pass.

Supplying OT with realtime local Data
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 msgs/pg]
Jump to room :
FransArntzen
Posted 5/11/2012 1:34 PM (#3635)
Subject: Supplying OT with realtime local Data

Regular

Hello All

I have a very simple question. I can get free realtime stock and future data from a domestic Dutch broker Binck. I would like to implement it in OT. But I have no idea, how? I hope somebody on this forum may advice me.
Thank you for your help.

Best regards

Frans
Top of the page Bottom of the page
MarcBekaert
Posted 5/11/2012 2:05 PM (#3636 - in reply to #3635)

Friend

Hi Frans
You cannot link the free RT data from Binck with OT
it is only possible with omnidata for us data and DTN IQf or Esignal for european data

Marc
FransArntzen
Posted 5/12/2012 5:47 AM (#3637 - in reply to #3635)

Regular

Hello Marc
Of course in your case I , as the representative of OmniTrader Belgium , DTN IQF and eSignal, would also immediately say that Omni trader doesn't accept data from another Data Supplier. But is the data protocol and the software around it, so complicated that another cheaper or free data supply is impossible. Or is it a protection of the other expensive suppliers. I only need real time data of the FTI and if possible the FDAX
I hope other forum members will respond with a reply that something is possible or an answer about software changes or modules. And if people don't like to put an answer on this forum they may sent me a private mail.
But as good friends Marc and thanks,

Best regards Frans

Edited by FransArntzen 5/12/2012 6:03 AM
JimDean
Posted 5/12/2012 6:25 AM (#3639 - in reply to #3637)

Owner/Admin

OmniTrader and VisualTrader do not have any provision for any RealTime data vendor other than Nirvana, ESig, and DTN. It is a complex thing to add. This has been discussed many times on the Nirvana forums. There are several reasons for it, and it's very unlikely to change in the future.

OT does in a very limited way support outside EOD data beyond the standard sources, but you have to manually convert the data into MetaStock format first, using a MS routine. Also I believe it is possible to import historical intraday data for Test Profiles (only), but I cannot recall how. That is handled very differently than RT data, internally.

MarcBekaert
Posted 5/12/2012 6:50 AM (#3641 - in reply to #3635)

Friend

Frans

It is Nirvana that develops the RT interface and the compatible link between de data provider and OT
You should as the helpdesk of Nirvana if it is possible, but i don't thinks so.
The only possibility i see is to link it to Esignal to get the FTI and FDAX contract in realtime into OT

Best Regards
Marc

JimDean
Posted 5/20/2012 9:42 PM (#3651 - in reply to #3641)

Owner/Admin

See this thread for instructions how to set up an intraday Test Profile using OmniData:
http://tradetight.org/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=745
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 msgs/pg]
( E-mail a Link | Printer Version | Search Room )

Owner of site: Jim Dean -- Forum content is confidential, and may not be distributed without written permission.