Search | User Listing Vidsite | Calendars | Quotes
Home Page ->  General Discussion -> Miscellaneous Discussions -> View ThreadLogon (or Register, or Join TradeTight)

You are logged in as a limited-access Guest.To join TradeTight, first read the info in the Organization & Content room, then click the link above. 

1 Cor 15:58 (NET) ... Always be outstanding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.

Tech Aspects - OmniData RT vs Esignal RT
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 msgs/pg]
Jump to room :
KeithParsons
Posted 5/10/2012 11:49 AM (#3628)
Subject: Tech Aspects - OmniData RT vs Esignal RT

Veteran

Hi Jim,
RE: Technical Aspects - OmniData R.T. compared to Esignal RT

I am today upgrading my systems to OTPro and SW3 and changing from forex to shares. I now need now to get a feed and am therefore looking at RT feed alternatives.

Endeavoring to do a technical comparision between OD RT and Esignal RT. Have searched TradeTight to see if there may be a thread in place on the subject. Kindly advise if there is such a thread discussing the comparions that I can view. I have searched TradeTight but have not seen one.

I also sent an email to Barry Cohen asking him if one exists on Nirvana. He has advised they do not have a thread on this.

As always, many thanks.

Transferred by on 5/10/2012, Original Author: Keith Parsons - 5/10/2012, Original Title: Tech Aspects-OnmiData vs Esignal RT

Top of the page Bottom of the page
WesSmith
Posted 5/10/2012 12:09 PM (#3629 - in reply to #3628)

Veteran

Personally .. I use IQFeed
- Covers my Canadian markets
- FREE CM/CBOT Futures waiver ... Yup.. no exchange fees

My total cost for all US Stocks/CDN Stocks/ US Futures is about 112/mo

And it works for other tools such as Ninjatrader.

Esignal would be my last option .. I've always found them over priced
KentHill
Posted 5/10/2012 12:40 PM (#3631 - in reply to #3628)

Friend

Keith... I'm switching over one computer today to IQ Feed for all the reasons Wes listed, plus eSignal's sales group is the worst for customer support (the eSignal tech support has been super). After a lot of research it was clear to me that IQ Feed was my best choice.

It may not be an option for you in SA but there is a deal available from GX TRADER that would provide free data if you traded enough shares. I'm waiting to hear back from our TradeTight delegation to the Bash what the latest deals are before I open a GX T account and use it on my other computer.

I used IQ feed a few years ago and regret having switched to eSignal.

Good luck.

Kent
KeithParsons
Posted 5/11/2012 7:31 AM (#3634 - in reply to #3631)

Veteran

Wes, Kent - many tks for your responses. Will greatly assist in ensuring I "take the correct route"

I have gone ahead in the interim and obtained OTPro and SW3.

Have a good weekend.

Keith

Transferred by on 5/11/2012, Original Author: Keith Parsons - 5/10/2012, Original Title: Tech Aspects - Omni Data vs Esignal RT

SarelSnyman
Posted 5/12/2012 8:24 AM (#3642 - in reply to #3628)

Friend

Keith do you need SA data or international data.
Sarel
KeithParsons
Posted 5/14/2012 2:20 AM (#3644 - in reply to #3642)

Veteran

Hi Sarel,
Considering feeds for both international and RSA. Begining to get an idea and TradeTight members been most hopeful.

Thanks

Keith

Transferred by on 5/14/2012, Original Author: Keith Parsons - 5/12/2012, Original Title: Tech Aspects - Omni Data vs Esignal RT

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 msgs/pg]
( E-mail a Link | Printer Version | Search Room )

Owner of site: Jim Dean -- Forum content is confidential, and may not be distributed without written permission.