Search | User Listing Vidsite | Calendars | Quotes
Home Page ->  General Discussion -> Miscellaneous Discussions -> View ThreadLogon (or Register, or Join TradeTight)

You are logged in as a limited-access Guest.To join TradeTight, first read the info in the Organization & Content room, then click the link above. 

Psalm 127:1 (NKJV) ... Unless the Lord builds the house, they labor in vain who build it; Unless the Lord guards the city, the watchman stays awake in vain.

Focus List Bars since Signal
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 msgs/pg]
Jump to room :
GregHenry
Posted 3/24/2012 11:38 AM (#3490)
Subject: Focus List Bars since Signal

Friend

Curious about the FL category of "Bars signal has been active". The help menu states, "These statistics refer to composite results of multiple Trading Strategies when a voting process is used. If you select one Trading Strategy from the Strategy menu, then these statistics refer to the statistics generated by that Trading Strategy only."

Therefore if I have one strategy, in this case my HeadleyAccelerationBandsy and I am looking for a crossover signal 1 day ago I should be able to find a chart, if one is available, with a maximun of the bar on which the signaled fired and the "bar since" which would be the close of the bar after the signal or the second bar. But in the case of the attached chart it appears to me that at the HRE I have what I would consider the first signal which I believe meets my condition, but I have a second signal which the focus list seems to be identifying as 1 "Bar signal has been active" and it doesn't appear to me to meet any conditions of the strategy for the Longsignal and if it is counting the first signal (the one I consider legitimate) then it wouldn't be 1 bar since but rather 6 bars since. Probably I am missing something but trying to sort this out.

Thanks for the helpful thoughts.

(3-24-2012 11-32-50 AM.png)

Attachments
Attachments 3-24-2012 11-32-50 AM.png (110KB - 8 downloads)
Attachments HeadleyAccelerationBandsy.txt (1KB - 13 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
GregHenry
Posted 3/24/2012 3:22 PM (#3492 - in reply to #3490)

Friend

Here is a larger snap of the first signal. I have included a second for a further question. Seeing that subsequent signals were fired it only counts the one from January for "Bars since..." The strategy is forced so as I understand all signals should fire seeing there are no filters. The stop is aJDstTrailFlexATR. The first Snap shows Bars since as 1 and the second as 51.

(3-24-2012 3-14-01 PM.png)

(3-24-2012 3-15-20 PM.png)

Attachments
Attachments 3-24-2012 3-14-01 PM.png (23KB - 3 downloads)
Attachments 3-24-2012 3-15-20 PM.png (23KB - 3 downloads)
JimDean
Posted 3/24/2012 7:03 PM (#3495 - in reply to #3490)

Owner/Admin

Hi, Greg:

Look at the voteline on your first snap. The most recent green triangle is 1 bar before the HRE ... and you said the Bars in the FL column said "1" for that case.

OTOH, the voteline on your second snap has its most recent green triangle a long ways back ... I presume it's about 51 bars back (2.5 months), since your FL col said "51" for that case.

Are you asking about why the SECOND green triangle appeared on the voteline, DURING your trade, in the first snap? If so, I'd need to see the Strategy itself to figure that out.
GregHenry
Posted 3/24/2012 7:13 PM (#3496 - in reply to #3490)

Friend

Not sure why but the strategy will not post. i guess my point is there is nothing in the system being used that should fire a signal there and as well there is nothing signfying on the chart that a signal has been fired. Therefore the legit signal according to the system is 6 bars back not 1 as the votline shows and the FL identifies.

Edited by GregHenry 3/24/2012 7:24 PM
JimDean
Posted 3/24/2012 7:56 PM (#3497 - in reply to #3496)

Owner/Admin

The strategy will post if you zip it.

There could be some odd combo's of voting tolerance and filters that might cause that extra signal to fire. But I would have expected it to have a hollow triangle as a reinforcing signal.

I suggest that you send the complete strat plus sys to Nirvana, but DON'T bother asking about the FL Bars thing, since that is just responding to the Signal on the voteline. Instead, ask why the second signal appears on the voteline. The other question sort of obscures the key issue.
GregHenry
Posted 3/25/2012 7:34 AM (#3498 - in reply to #3490)

Friend

zip post

Attachments
Attachments HeadleyAccelerationBands.zip (103KB - 19 downloads)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 msgs/pg]
( E-mail a Link | Printer Version | Search Room )

Owner of site: Jim Dean -- Forum content is confidential, and may not be distributed without written permission.