Search | User Listing Vidsite | Calendars | Quotes
Home Page ->  VT-Specific Features -> Measurements -> View ThreadLogon (or Register, or Join TradeTight)

You are logged in as a limited-access Guest.To join TradeTight, first read the info in the Organization & Content room, then click the link above. 

James 1:5 (NIV) ... If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.

VT Measurements in OmniLanguage?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 msgs/pg]
Jump to room :
ThomasHelget
Posted 3/6/2012 11:41 AM (#3470)
Subject: VT Measurements in OmniLanguage?

Elite

All:

Today Jim Dean asked in the VT 9.0 "Top Gun" Webinar if VT Measurement Code was available to users. Ed Downs replied that it was "proprietary". In the past I have attempted to duplicate these measurements for a better understanding of what was going on in VT and have been moderately successful.

Referring to the screen shot below, I show my efforts for Medium Term Reversal, Medium Term Trend and Medium Term Trend Change (in red) vs. the plotted VT Measurement itself (in blue). As you can see, the shape of the curves are wonderfully similar. However, the values are a bit different and I am at a loss to explain that.

I have attached my code below in the hopes that someone in the group might be better able to expand upon it.

(VT Measurement Emulation 2.png)

Edited by ThomasHelget 3/6/2012 2:01 PM

Attachments
Attachments VT Measurement Emulation 2.png (564KB - 11 downloads)
Attachments VTChangeInTrend.txt (0KB - 19 downloads)
Attachments VTReversalEmulation.txt (0KB - 20 downloads)
Attachments VTTrend.txt (0KB - 22 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
JimDean
Posted 3/6/2012 2:02 PM (#3477 - in reply to #3470)

Owner/Admin

Looks very close!

Are the ratios of the values (yours/theirs) always about the same for other stocks etc? That might give a clue as to what is happening.

Possibly they are dividing by price/share or by something else, to normalize it.

Or maybe multiplying by ATR
ThomasHelget
Posted 3/6/2012 3:20 PM (#3478 - in reply to #3477)

Elite

Jim:

As to what you mean by the ratios being the same on other stocks, I really haven't checked. But I sure never thought about normalization although that may be a factor.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 msgs/pg]
( E-mail a Link | Printer Version | Search Room )

Owner of site: Jim Dean -- Forum content is confidential, and may not be distributed without written permission.