Search | User Listing Vidsite | Calendars | Quotes
Home Page ->  OmniTrader HowTo's -> Performance & Vote Blocks -> View ThreadLogon (or Register, or Join TradeTight)

You are logged in as a limited-access Guest.To join TradeTight, first read the info in the Organization & Content room, then click the link above. 

Proverbs 3:6 (ESV) ... In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.

Performance Block & To Do List vs Strat
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 msgs/pg]
Jump to room :
KeithParsons
Posted 3/5/2012 12:40 PM (#3464)
Subject: Performance Block & To Do List vs Strat

Veteran

Hi Jim,
I feel a little silly asking this question - but it is something I need to fully understand.

I have spent a fair amount of time trying to figure out as to why my advisory cut off values selected in my Filter Signal Block > Criteria section would not filter out values below the settings placed in the Filter Signals section

i.e. > Criteria > enabled both AdvisoryCutOff and Advisory and I enabled both “Require all checked to pass” and “Filter Focus List” and the filters did not work.

I then (and after some time) realized that one had to go to the Vote Block in the Strategy and enable the Fixed in the Advisory CutOff section, enter the required value in order to get it to activate correctly.

Having done this - my ADV now works correctly.

My question is however on the performance block. Basically, the Performance Block can be found in the To Do List Section OR can physical be placed into the strategy line before the vote block.

Please could you advise as to what is the difference when the P.B. is:

1) Entered via the To Do List > Strategy Voting > Performance block. The relevant blocks (Rank by and Filter by) can then be enabled

OR

1.2) Placing the P.B. INTO the strategy before the Vote block
Help states > “Performance Block—Examines performance data for all signals presented to filter signals based performance.”

I have always assumed that enabling the P.B. in the To Do List applied to any multiple strategies that may have been selected. Of all my forex strategies (Wave, Turtle, Money Zone, O.T.) only Trending forex has a P.B. in the strategy line.

I am doing these “studies” keeping in mind the valued threads placed by Mel (Dr.) on Forex Limitations with OT use AND Forex Workarounds for OT use

As always - appreciate in advance your support.

Transferred by on 3/5/2012, Original Author: Keith Parsons - 3/5/2012, Original Title: Performance Block

Top of the page Bottom of the page
JimDean
Posted 3/5/2012 2:23 PM (#3465 - in reply to #3464)
Subject: Performance Block & To Do List vs Strat

Owner/Admin

Hi, Keith:

Please could you advise as to what is the difference when the P.B. is:

1) Entered via the To Do List > Strategy Voting > Performance block. The relevant blocks (Rank by and Filter by) can then be enabled

OR

1.2) Placing the P.B. INTO the strategy before the Vote block
Help states > “Performance Block—Examines performance data for all signals presented to filter signals based performance.”

I have always assumed that enabling the P.B. in the To Do List applied to any multiple strategies that may have been selected. Of all my forex strategies (Wave, Turtle, Money Zone, O.T.) only Trending forex has a P.B. in the strategy line.

Congratulations. Your assumed answer is correct !!

The Performance Block that is INSIDE a Strategy (diagram) is used to select which of several possible Systems (in the Systems Block) are allowed to influence the Voting (defined by the Vote Block), for a given Symbol.

The Performance Panel in ToDo > Strategies > Strategy Voting > Performance is used to select which of several possible active Strategies (in the Profile) are allowed to influence the Voting (defined by the Signal Generation Panel), for a given Symbol.

(The first part of your post did not have a question that I could find ... so ... congrats on figuring it out yourself. That is ALWAYS the best way to learn, because it "sinks in" better if you do the digging.)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 msgs/pg]
( E-mail a Link | Printer Version | Search Room )

Owner of site: Jim Dean -- Forum content is confidential, and may not be distributed without written permission.