Search | User Listing Vidsite | Calendars | Quotes
Home Page ->  TradeTight Overview -> Joining the TradeTight Forum -> View ThreadLogon (or Register, or Join TradeTight)

You are logged in as a limited-access Guest.To join TradeTight, first read the info in the Organization & Content room, then click the link above. 

1 Timothy 6:17 (ESV) ... As for the rich in this present age, charge them not to be haughty, not to set their hopes on the uncertainty of riches, but on God, who richly provides us with everything to enjoy.

Capturing Scrolling windows with SnagIt
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 msgs/pg]
Jump to room :
FransArntzen
Posted 2/2/2012 2:30 PM (#3397)
Subject: Capturing Scrolling windows with SnagIt

Regular

Hello Jim and/or other members

Snagit
Yesterday I have installed Snagit10, and I have played with it. It looks very simple but I still have a big problem. I hope somebody may help me. Maybe this is not the right thread to place this question. Maybe Jim will advise me where to place this question otherwise I will remove it.
But now Snagit.
Omnilanguage IDE consist of 4 windows
1) Projects list
2) Source code window
3) Keyword list
4) Message window
In three of the four windows Snagit works well, except in the most important, the Project Code Window. The arrow to take a scrolling capture of this window doesn’t appear. So I cannot capture a whole source file. What is wrong.
Also in a Word document it works.

I hope somebody will help me,

Best Regards
Frans
Top of the page Bottom of the page
JimDean
Posted 2/2/2012 2:47 PM (#3400 - in reply to #3397)

Owner/Admin

This is a matter to take up with Techsmith ... but I can give you the answer. Snagit all-in-one mode will capture using auto-scroll for SOME windows, and not for others. That's dependent on how the window was coded (in this case, by Nirvana).

The OLang code window CAN be captured using CUSTOM auto-scrolling, even though Snagit's "all-in-one" mode does not recognize that the window is a scrolling window.

So, read the SnagIt help about how to implement custom auto-scrolling if you want to capture that window. Basically it's three steps:
1. move to the top of the program window, then select Advanced > Custom Scroll
2. rubber-band the area to be captured ... be sure not to include any NON scrolling area in that border
3. click on the scroll-down button on the bottom left of the OLang window

USUALLY, the scroll completes successfully. Sometimes it gets partway and stops. Just keep fiddling with it and you'll get the hang of it. The problem is not with Snagit - it's with the fact that N uses some kind of non-Windows-standard means of defining the scrolling window.
FransArntzen
Posted 2/2/2012 6:15 PM (#3406 - in reply to #3397)

Regular

Hello Jim

Again, Thanks for the support.
After a few hours trying and some error messages with a description how to improve, my Snagit works. In any case at the moment.
Don't forget to set
Mode: Image Capture

Best regards,

Frans
FransArntzen
Posted 2/4/2012 5:05 PM (#3408 - in reply to #3400)

Regular

Hello Jim,

You have asked on the forum to compose" the image initially to be 800 or fewer pixels wide. I want to use Snagit and the width of the png file for Snagit is apparently very important, otherwise we get error4 during capturing. I had to shorten or divide the comment lines about more lines. But how do we know, can we see, if an image is 800 pixels or less width. Is this a parameter in snagit or ......... Would you give an advice please ?

Best regards

Frans
ThomasHelget
Posted 10/27/2012 10:48 AM (#4160 - in reply to #3408)

Elite

Frans:

I have never had any trouble composing SnagIt pictures as maybe you can tell from the several I have posted.

Jim's website might resize things a bit to fit his format and that might mean that what you see is not exactly what will appear in your post. That is, you may have a thoroughly legible SnagIt screen shot but when you post it it gets resized and might be smaller than you might desire. Re-working your screen shot can alleviate that after you post it and have had a chance to view it.

I hope that is the right answer.....but as I stated I have never really had any serious difficulties on Jim's site. As a matter of fact it is easier to screw up on the Nirvana web-sites as they do not have any provision for standard sizing.
JimThorpe
Posted 10/27/2012 11:00 AM (#4162 - in reply to #4160)

Friend

Franz,

The Snagit Editor displays the current pixel size in the very lower left corner of the app (width and height). If you resize the image that display of pixels will change accordingly.

Jim
JimDean
Posted 10/27/2012 2:52 PM (#4163 - in reply to #4162)

Owner/Admin

Not at my PC but here are general pointers:

1. REASON for the 800-pixel forced size is so that the overall width of the thread does not become difficult to read. If your PNG width is <= 800, no autoscaling occurs.

2. "Compose" a snap by cropping edges to only show what is relevant. Start off with a fairly small OT window. To crop, drag center-square on the edge of the canvas inwards.

3. Once your image is cropped to include only what you want, you can shrink it in SnagIt using (as I recall) Tools > Resize > Image. Check the box to maintain aspect ratio, choose pixels and specify 800 wide. If the result looks readable, save it and post it. If its too small, you should think about reducing the timeframe etc shown in the OT window or busting it up into two sep pictures.

4. SnagIt offers great Help and video tutorials. You can learn all this and much more on their website.
FransArntzen
Posted 10/27/2012 4:01 PM (#4164 - in reply to #3397)

Regular

Hello all

A time ago I found on Google a link to download Snagit Version 10.0.0 (Build 788) Apr 13 2010. I have down loaded it and until now I have no problems with Snagit.

Best regards,

Frans
JimDean
Posted 10/27/2012 4:25 PM (#4165 - in reply to #4164)

Owner/Admin

The newest version, fully supported and licensed, works just fine. The cost for a license is only $50. That is what I recommend. It is much easier to use than earlier versions in several regards.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 msgs/pg]
( E-mail a Link | Printer Version | Search Room )

Owner of site: Jim Dean -- Forum content is confidential, and may not be distributed without written permission.