Search | User Listing Vidsite | Calendars | Quotes
Home Page ->  Markets & Methods -> Options Trading -> View ThreadLogon (or Register, or Join TradeTight)

You are logged in as a limited-access Guest.To join TradeTight, first read the info in the Organization & Content room, then click the link above. 

Proverbs 19:21 (ESV) ... Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand.

Think Or Swim Brokerage
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 msgs/pg]
Jump to room :
DonSchuman
Posted 9/1/2010 9:56 PM (#780)
Subject: Think Or Swim Brokerage

Veteran

Rob & Keith: TD Ameritrade now offers TorS to their account holders. Do you have any experience with this version? If so, how does it compare to the full TorS version. It looks pretty comprehensive, but I know so little about options I wouldn't know.

Don

Thread moved by on 9/1/2010 10:56 PM from Markets & Methods > Options Trading > Time/Calendar Spreads

Top of the page Bottom of the page
JimDean
Posted 9/1/2010 10:59 PM (#783 - in reply to #780)

Owner/Admin

Started a new thread with Don's post ... I'm sure there will be lots of discussion about ToS.
(moved from the Time/Calendar Spread thread - JD)

Thread moved by on 9/1/2010 10:56 PM from Markets & Methods > Options Trading > Time/Calendar Spreads

GaryRickle
Posted 9/2/2010 7:56 AM (#787 - in reply to #780)

Friend

Don,

Have been using TD's version of TOS for a long time and see no difference from the TOS platform which I also use.

G

RobKidwell
Posted 9/5/2010 11:56 AM (#799 - in reply to #787)

On the TD website there is a long list of software tools available to TD customers:
http://www.tdameritrade.com/tradingtools/brow sealltools.html
I looked over this list and it appears that their are a number of TD capabilities that are not integrated yet into the Thinkorswim platform. Some items already exist under a different title (in the TorS platform) while others are new capabilities to TorS.
Based on a conversation with Scott Sheridan that I had a few months ago, the TorS developers are very busy improving and integrating TD concepts into an overall platform. I did hear that the TorS developers pretty much are taking over the process given the acceptance of the TorS platform as the best overall platform.
I will try to get an update on this an report back if and when I get anything tangible.

DonSchuman
Posted 9/5/2010 9:46 PM (#805 - in reply to #780)

Veteran

Thank you Rob: I have the TD TorS. It looks totally new to me and different than anything I'm used to. I understand TorS is a good tool for options trading as well as stocks. I look forward to using it. Just hope the learning curve is not too steep.

Don

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 msgs/pg]
( E-mail a Link | Printer Version | Search Room )

Owner of site: Jim Dean -- Forum content is confidential, and may not be distributed without written permission.