Search | User Listing Vidsite | Calendars | Quotes
Home Page ->  General Discussion -> Operating System & Software -> View ThreadLogon (or Register, or Join TradeTight)

You are logged in as a limited-access Guest.To join TradeTight, first read the info in the Organization & Content room, then click the link above. 

2 Chronicles 27:6 (NKJV) … So Jotham became mighty, because he prepared his ways before the Lord his God.

MacBook and VM Ware
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 msgs/pg]
Jump to room :
JamesMcNeill
Posted 8/3/2010 8:22 PM (#626)
Subject: MacBook and VM Ware

Friend

Last year the screen of my loaded Dell laptop gave up on me.
My IT guy suggested my replacement should be a Mac and in particular the Macbook as I needed mobility.
But I needed the PC operating system to allow me to use both OT and VT. The solution was VM ware which allows for the parallel use of both operating systems.
I have had this setup for a year now with no regrets. I have had to learn the Mac os but that was easy, nothing has slowed down on me and the PC side is working ok.
If I have to boost power then I guess I will look at things again but so far so good.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
DennisOFlynn
Posted 12/11/2012 4:27 AM (#4216 - in reply to #626)

Spectator

I concur.
Used to spend so much time on windows maintenance and all little things which just wasted time.
Had Macs 3 years now and also run Fusion. Very happy.

cheers

Dennis
SarelSnyman
Posted 12/12/2012 4:16 AM (#4217 - in reply to #626)

Friend

Hi Guys
I am also running on Macbook but I switched from VMWare Fushion to Parallels as i found that VMWare was quite slow when you run scans that are processor hungry.
But yes Macbook and a virtual machine is preferred over any Windows PC.
It's good to know there are other Mac users in case we do encounter something ( highly unlikely)

Have a good day

Sarel Snyman
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 msgs/pg]
( E-mail a Link | Printer Version | Search Room )

Owner of site: Jim Dean -- Forum content is confidential, and may not be distributed without written permission.