Search | User Listing Vidsite | Calendars | Quotes
Home Page ->  Custom TradeTight Routines -> Opportunities & General Info -> View ThreadLogon (or Register, or Join TradeTight)

You are logged in as a limited-access Guest.To join TradeTight, first read the info in the Organization & Content room, then click the link above. 

1 Tim 6:18-19 (ESV) … (the rich) are to do good, to be rich in good works, to be generous and ready to share, thus storing up treasure for themselves as a good foundation for the future, so that they may take hold of that which is truly life.

Sticky TT Development: Plans, Paradigms & Peeps
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 msgs/pg]
Jump to room :
JimDean
Posted 2/2/2019 8:45 AM (#9290)
Subject: TT Development: Plans, Paradigms & Peeps

Owner/Admin

Join the Team!

The next two Posts in this thread reveal the "big picture" of where I've been headed with TradeTight development work for some time now. The pieces are all finally falling into place, and a *lot* will be happening in 2019. If you're interested in that big picture, and in working with the tools that result from it, be sure to read the files attached to those two Posts.

If you are interested in becoming part of the TradeTight Development Team which will help all that come to successful fruition, please also take a look at the RTF file attached to this post, which describes fully how the TTDT works.

Being a member of the Team means:

1. You get very early information about development of upcoming TradeTight tools.

2. You get the opportunity to influence the particulars of those tools, before they get locked in.

3. You gain insights about how the tools work, far beyond the release-documentation.

4. You get a "thank-you discount" on the product's initial release pricing (see #6).

5. You are *expected* to follow along as things develop, and provide timely feedback.

6. You can opt in for beta testing (lifetime beta version license, typically at half-price).

7. Beta-testers *exclusively* get access to results of in-depth research and insights.

8. You will have access to the limited-group "Tools in Development" Room, where it all happens.

... but please don't feel obligated to join the TTD Team ... it does call for a time-commitment from you, and more than just a casual interest in the success of the plan described earlier.

No matter what ... keep an eye out for announcements on the Forum this year!

Attachments
Attachments TradeTight Development Team.rtf (8KB - 23 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
JimDean
Posted 2/2/2019 8:46 AM (#9283 - in reply to #9290)

Owner/Admin

Stradicators, NFX & TradeTrak Paradigms

This year, I'm formalizing an over-arching approach for TradeTight Strategies, which utilizes unique and powerful new concepts and revolutionizes the capabilities of Nirvana platforms. All of these can be used in OmniTrader and VisualTrader ... as well as (theoretically, via EliteTrader) in OmniVest.

The attached RTF file has the writeup, which explains the concepts, features and structure. When the description gets tweaked, I'll update the attached file here and announce it in a followup post. This will be announced formally to the public this Spring sometime, once I've got 2/3 Stradicators released with NFX shells, and am close to providing TradeTrak shell implementation.

These concepts and methods are overwhelmingly powerful ... your comments, questions and suggestions are welcome.

Attachments
Attachments Stradicator, NFX & TradeTrak Paradigms.rtf (5KB - 63 downloads)
JimDean
Posted 2/16/2019 6:24 AM (#9343 - in reply to #9290)

Owner/Admin

Development Plans for 2019 ... and beyond!

I'm attaching a general schedule for ongoing TradeTight development work ... as explained in the attached RTF. Of course, it's subject to change and adjustment, and may be delayed at some point if additional time-sensitive consulting projects intervene. But if that happens, any such project will most likely fit into and add to the family of tools, using the Paradigms defined in the prior post.

... updated on 16feb19, with more cool stuff ...

I'll update this occasionally, and attach the most current version to this post ... will announce the updates when I do.

Attachments
Attachments TradeTight Development Planning.rtf (8KB - 50 downloads)
JimDean
Posted 2/25/2019 12:16 AM (#9380 - in reply to #9343)

Owner/Admin

Clarification about the "Team" development process ...

Working with a team of people is much different than working on a custom project for an individual. The biggest distinction is time-management for me, and regarding testing, for the team. I get paid hourly for custom work ... but for team-development of a general-release tool, I've no idea how many people will be buying it, and I'm not even sure till the end what I'll be charging for it. So ... I have to manage my time carefully during that process.

It takes a few hours to create a DLL from my working-code, so I don't do so unless I'm asking the team to do structured-testing on it. Usually that only happens once in the early/intermediate stages of team-project work ... and it's "Step Back And Squint" testing, involving eyeballs+brain ... I never use StratWiz during development of the algorithms.

Sometimes at the "end", if team members are available to do some structured testing to help determine "best practice" settings ... which often will be hard-code mapped into the "PreferredPatternMaster" input ... I'll send them a pre-release of the final routine. That testing may be done using SBAS or sometimes using StratWiz, since there are no longer any tweaks being made to how the routine "thinks".

THEREFORE ... along the way ... I provide regular Progress & Discussion posts, with Questions ...

Anyone who wants to be a member of the TTDT for a given Project *must* set aside enough time to keep up with these P & D Posts, which I make usually once or twice a day. Timeliness and thoroughness of responses is crucial to the process, and to being a TTDT member.

Oft-times, I'll lay out a description of how I'm considering inputs / algorithms / outputs to work, for some aspect of the routine. I provide snaps if possible, but always plenty of words. I *really value* responses to those posts, whether they identify weaknesses, offer simplifications, request more depth, or ask for clarification of nuances.

This daily post+response process represent the primary opportunities that beta folks have, to influence the design as it progresses. It's a way for the ultimate client to get the tool "tailored" to assure it meets their needs (as well as what they imagine others might need) ... *without* having to pay a *lot* more, for custom work. But with that benefit comes the responsibility of thoughtful and timely tracking along with things, so that responses *can* be relevant and helpful.

Occasionally, if it's not easy to lay out some options for consideration without a zillion screen shots, I'll set up live Skype sessions with all active Team members. I'll use the time to do a live demo of how the routine is currently working ... I'll answer questions etc to make sure folks are up to speed ... and then together we will discuss the things that I'm planning at that time. These calls often take over an hour and are pretty free-wheeling ... I try to schedule them so everyone can join in, but usually I can only give a max of 24 hours notice.

Sometimes I'm asked to send out an intermediate DLL for the users to "play with". Unless some structured tests are planned, that doesn't happen ... my development process is highly fluid ... the inputs, calcs and outputs change regularly ... any "seat of the pants" feedback from users with a DLL sent out a week before or sometimes even only a day or two before, would likely be inapplicable by the time I got it.

This is generally true of all my group-development projects. If it's custom work, then any time the client wants a DLL, I'll do it, but they pay for the time to create it repeatedly.

So ... I can't emphasize strongly enough how important it is for team members to follow along with the development-process posts, and ask questions if they don't understand what I've presented, and make suggestions asap after the post appears, since that represents "when" I'm working on stuff.

If that sounds like something you'd like to be part of, send me an email and I'll get you slotted-in at the next sensible juncture.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 msgs/pg]
( E-mail a Link | Printer Version | Search Room )

Owner of site: Jim Dean -- Forum content is confidential, and may not be distributed without written permission.