Search | User Listing Vidsite | Calendars | Quotes
Home Page ->  Markets & Methods -> General Methodology Discussions -> View ThreadLogon (or Register, or Join TradeTight)

You are logged in as a limited-access Guest.To join TradeTight, first read the info in the Organization & Content room, then click the link above. 

John 6:27 (NIV) ... Do not work for food that spoils, but for food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you. On him God the Father has placed his seal of approval.

Buy Sell pressure gauge for focuslist
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 msgs/pg]
Jump to room :
SalimHira
Posted 7/16/2017 8:59 PM (#8951)
Subject: Buy Sell pressure gauge for focuslist

Veteran

Hello All,

I am searching for an indicator, if available, that could provide a "buy & sell % pressure gauge" in OT focuslist. I have included a short summary below. Any recommendations appreciated.

But a hack if fine too :-). Thanks.
------------------

p.s. the idea complements to JD's aJDndThermoTimer found here:

http://tradetight.org/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=471&posts=2&highli...

---------------------------

delta (difference between the buy (ask-traded) and sell (bid-traded) volume) of each bar

Delta = Buy Volume - Sell Volume
Buy Volume (aka: Ask Volume) = volume that traded at or above the ask price.
Sell Volume (aka Bid Volume) = volume that traded at or below the bid price.

Positive deltas signify more buying pressure, while negative deltas signify more selling pressure. The magnitude of the delta determines the strength of that pressure. Expect to see positive deltas during uptrends and negative deltas during downtrends, but look for delta turning negative at highs, or turning positive at lows...a sign of possible market turns and good entry/exit points.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
JimDean
Posted 7/16/2017 9:04 PM (#8952 - in reply to #8951)

Owner/Admin

Unfortunately that (bid/ask prices and volume) data is not avail to OLang, from which to construct the indicator.
MelDickover
Posted 7/17/2017 9:27 AM (#8953 - in reply to #8951)

Veteran

Money flow, the Arms index, and some breadth indicators sort of do what you want. Since the advent of HFT, a lot of bids and asks are fakes anyhow, designed to measure real supply and demand. You will never keep up.

Mel
SalimHira
Posted 7/30/2017 11:21 AM (#8957 - in reply to #8951)

Veteran

Hi Friends:

First thanks to Jim, Mel, and everyone for your feedback. Herewith, I share with you my thoughts.

So far, my interim solution has fallen to Adv/Decl Ratio, Advance Only symbol, and Money Flow indicator. I have attached two charts which show the uniqueness of interpretation for bias of the market breadth from same family of Adv/Decl.

The Adv/Decl Ratio does solve my partial issue of how much buy/sell pressure is inside OT focuslist.

One must also have purchased Jim's NTB overlay indicators that shows momentum in the bars as shown in pic.
Included is also an obscure N indicator which measures volatility and trend at same time.

Please comment. Thank You.

Attachments
Attachments NTBmarketbreadth2.zip (149KB - 15 downloads)
MarkGerber
Posted 7/30/2017 3:03 PM (#8958 - in reply to #8957)

Friend

Thanks, Salim, for the pointer to JD's aJDndThermoTimer. I had missed that one in my site explorations over the years.

I'm trying to understand your two charts, and missing some information.

For starters . . .
--I have done a site search for the indicator code for the hourly range indicator lines, cannot seem to find it. Also, a search for OpeningRangeForTheHalfOrFullHour returns msg "no matches found".
--Also have done a search for the NTB range/momentum indicator, and likewise cannot seem to find it, either. And likewise a search for aJDndOntbRngMo returns msg "no matches found".

Do you have reference threads for them, or could you re-post the indicator code, please?

--Mark G.
JimDean
Posted 7/30/2017 3:17 PM (#8959 - in reply to #8958)

Owner/Admin

Hi Mark

aJDndOntbRngMo is one of a suite of "overlay indicators" that I created a few years ago. If there's interest, I can once again make them available for sale, in DLL form. I recently posted on another thread a brief recap of their benefits. Search for NTB under my name.

Not sure about the other long-named indicator.
MarkGerber
Posted 7/31/2017 1:44 PM (#8960 - in reply to #8951)

Friend

Hi, Jim.

I was a paid participant in the NTB and Big Time project of 2015.

Is this indicator part of that project? I did not ensure that the project files were installed on the later OT2016 and OT2017.

--Mark G.
JimDean
Posted 7/31/2017 2:13 PM (#8961 - in reply to #8960)

Owner/Admin

Thanks for reminding me. I responded to you in detail about this via email. That project was a "never ending one" that I closed out as of the final deliverable, since there was inadequate interest by the group in funding more enhancements to it, and the time already spent was very much in excess of the funds received.

If adequate interest arises, I'll consider resurrecting it and possibly enhancing it further, for distribution in DLL format.
MarkGerber
Posted 7/31/2017 3:39 PM (#8962 - in reply to #8951)

Friend

O.K., I finally found the aJDndOntbRngMo file from the NTB Project. Thanks.

Still no sign of the OpeningRangeForTheHalfOrFullHour indicator.

Any hints??

--Mark G.
SalimHira
Posted 7/31/2017 6:19 PM (#8963 - in reply to #8951)

Veteran

Hi Mark:

The said indicator is from a good dear friend, and its at his discretion. Thanks.
MarkGerber
Posted 7/31/2017 9:20 PM (#8964 - in reply to #8951)

Friend

O.K., thanks for letting me know.

I got re-acquainted with all of the NTB project threads :) I'll take another dive into the project indicators.

--Mark G.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 msgs/pg]
( E-mail a Link | Printer Version | Search Room )

Owner of site: Jim Dean -- Forum content is confidential, and may not be distributed without written permission.