Search | User Listing Vidsite | Calendars | Quotes
Home Page ->  General Discussion -> News for Everyone -> View ThreadLogon (or Register, or Join TradeTight)

You are logged in as a limited-access Guest.To join TradeTight, first read the info in the Organization & Content room, then click the link above. 

1 Timothy 6:17 (ESV) ... As for the rich in this present age, charge them not to be haughty, not to set their hopes on the uncertainty of riches, but on God, who richly provides us with everything to enjoy.

Nirvana "Bash" 2016 - Sat 1p-5p Session
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 msgs/pg]
Jump to room :
JimDean
Posted 4/8/2016 12:15 PM (#7635)
Subject: Nirvana "Bash" 2016 - Sat 1p-5p Session

Owner/Admin

Nirvana's annual Nirvana Club meeting in Austin will begin Sat June 4 (eve) thru Mon June 6 this year. As usual, I'll be giving a free seminar on Sat afternoon at the Marriott hotel, before the bus leaves for the barbeque. Ed Downs plans to hold a workshop on OmniVest from 1p-3p; my session will start at 3p and end 5:30 at the latest.

Everyone is welcome, but since in past years we've ended up pretty much filling the room, make sure you register on Nirvana's site:
www.omnitrader.com/marketing/2016/2016Bash/workshop.aspx

Note that Nirvana plans to record the Saturday workshops, which will be available over the weekend. They will also broadcast the two events using GoToWebinar.

ALSO, as has become a regular "TradeTight friends" custom, a group of us will be heading over to the steak house for dinner on Sunday night - it's a pleasant walk after a long meeting day, the food is good, and it's yet another time to get to know folks better. Please email me to let me know if you would like to join us ... it seems the group grows every year and I need to call ahead to reserve the back room.

Important: The BASH is ONLY for Nirvana Club Members. They can bring guests but they don't allow people to just come on their own. If you are not yet a Nirvana Club member, there are some great reasons to do so! ... contact Nirvana about it. I actually joined the Club on the Friday right before attending my first Bash, many years ago.

Finally, if anyone would like to share a cab or can offer a ride from the airport to the hotel please either post here or email me. I'll be arriving in Austin at from Atlanta at 9:32am on Delta 1868, and need to get to the hotel by about 11:30. Cab fare is about $70 as I recall, so it's smart to share!

It's a smart idea to make reservations soon - there's a special deal for rooms - see the next post for a quick way to save an additional $9 beyond the special Nirvana Bash price ...

Also, info about the topic is given in later posts ...

I hope to see you there!

Questions? Email me at hvacsage at yahoo dot com
Top of the page Bottom of the page
JimDean
Posted 4/8/2016 12:22 PM (#7636 - in reply to #7635)

Owner/Admin

Here's the info from Nirvana ...

The Bash events include a social and dinner on Saturday, June 4 from 6:30pm - 8:30pm at the Nirvana Offices. We have recently moved, so if you have attended in the past, please note the new address is 9111 Jollyville Road in Austin.

This year's Bash will be held on June 7 and June 8 at the Austin Marriott North. The Bash will be held Sunday and Monday from 9am to 4pm.

The hotel information for the Bash is:

Austin Marriott North
2600 La Frontera Blvd.
Round Rock, TX 78681
800-228-9290
http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/ausno-austin-marriott-north/

$119/night discounted rate is available - just mention you are with the Nirvana Club Bash group.
You must make your reservation by May 27th to receive the discount.

A dedicated website is now available for you to book your hotel room online. Please use the link below to make your reservation online:
https://resweb.passkey.com/Resweb.do?mode=welcome_gi_new&groupID=579...

For anyone that wishes to bring a laptop, wireless Internet can be obtained through the hotel for $9.95 per day - (but it's free if you book thru Marriott - JD). You do not need a computer for the Bash, but you are welcome to bring one.

Please call our sales team at 800-880-0338 if you have any questions.

How to save an extra $9:
When you make your reservations, IF you are a "senior citizen", they'll give you a room rate of $110 per night for the Saturday night stay (not as good on Sun night). So, ask them to book you for senior rate for Sat, and N Bash rate ($119) for Sun ... you'll get two confirmations but it will pay for your lunch one day, eh?
JimDean
Posted 4/8/2016 12:25 PM (#7637 - in reply to #7636)

Owner/Admin

Reasons to come to the Bash:

1. Meet your fellow TradeTight participants, and other NClub members
2. Come to the FREE TradeTight Sat afternoon meeting (agenda provided in later post)
3. Meet Nirvana staff (they are all there and all available)
4. Learn about the newest features of the software, from the project leaders & developers
5. Learn about new things planned for the upcoming year
6. Join us for a GROUP MEAL on Sun night at a nearby steakhouse (a tradition!)
7. Free Sat night Bar-B-Que in courtyard of Nirvana's offices
8. Get to know, and learn from, some really skilled traders and OT users
9. Toss around trading ideas, and how to use OT to implement them
10. Lots of new info and features and discussion this year about OmniVest

Special Bash-weekend discounts on software. Nicely bound book of slides.
JimDean
Posted 4/8/2016 12:46 PM (#7638 - in reply to #7637)

Owner/Admin

TOPIC of the Saturday Afternoon Session ...

"All About the New MTV"

Last year, I introduced an early form of the MTV (Market Trend & Volatility) indicator plug-in ... a lot of folks took the plunge and got the early-bird beta-version discount. After another few months of hard labor, and several intermediate releases, Version A was completed. And some more people purchased it.

MTV is an "indicator" that can be used in OmniTrader, VisualTrader, OmniFunds, and even has a special capability to make it usable in OmniVest. It can be used as a visual indicator, in Focus List columns, in Filter Blocks, in OmniScans (and Color charts and anywhere else OmniScripts are used), to create Entry Signals ... even in the special NN, GA and CB "ARM4" tools. So, it's a totally unique tool, unlike anything else provided for the "Nirvana universe".

During the past several months, I've focused intensively on streamlining MTV (making it easier to understand and use in its simplest "Core" form), and on enhancing it (adding some major features to its most powerful "Xprt" form). I've had the able and patient assistance of the MTV Directors Club members (TreyGrafa, MarkHolstius, KeithBuhl, JohnWolfraad, SteveLuerman, DanielBeveridge, and KeithParsons) along the way, to try things out and act as "sounding boards" to help me find the best ways to improve things (thanks, guys!). I'll be releasing the final beta of Version B to them for testing within a short time, so I'm very confident that a finalized, and much-improved version of MTV will be available before the Bash.

There are so many things that have been added ... and so many things that the original MTV had in it already ... that I'm sure many of you will want to participate in an afternoon presentation and Q/A session about it. I will have training videos out before that ... but it's inevitable that I won't be able to cover *everything* that this tool can do in structured training. So, this will be a chance for those of you who have not seen MTV to get a solid feel for it, and for those who've already purchased it to get your questions answered.

For those of you who don't have a copy of MTV already, if you arrive at the seminar by 3pm-ish, you'll get a license to use it for FREE from then till the end of June. For those who already own it, there will be special upgrade pricing available for a limited time.

Stay tuned for more announcements about this! Be sure to email me if you're planning to come on Saturday ... include your cellphone# if you'd also like to join us for Sunday night dinner at the steakhouse.

PS: if we have time, there will be some other things presented as well that I think you'll find useful and interesting ... special MTV-based personality-Scans, Entry-System, and maybe even an MTV-Stop.
JimDean
Posted 4/28/2016 10:50 AM (#7882 - in reply to #7638)

Owner/Admin

Recent news flash !! ;~>

Ed has asked me to make a presentation again as a part of the "normal" Bash schedule, most likely on Sunday. It will also be about MTV, but more from a "theoretical" and "why it's important and valuable" perspective, as applied to OT/VT, OmniVest, and OmniFunds. So ... MTV is here to stay, and has a growing recognition and importance in the Nirvana community.

The free Saturday afternoon session at the Bash hotel, before the evening barbeque, will be hands-on MTV how-to's and lots of time will be available for Q/A! This year, the focus is very practical, as the tool has matured and gained lots of new capabilities.

Those who attend will get a special "freebie" as well :~)

Reminder ... please REGISTER with Nirvana at the link given in the first post, for the Saturday session. If you need to arrive halfway through, that's perfectly OK. Also, please email me if you'd like to join us on Sunday night for our traditional walk over to Logan's Steakhouse (unrelated to Nirvana registration for Saturday).

(If you did not see the earlier Bash invitation and Sat-Session description, please read down from the top of this thread to catch up.)
JimDean
Posted 5/4/2016 4:43 PM (#7906 - in reply to #7882)

Owner/Admin

And yet another "news flash" ... revised from earlier - won't be in the "big room" after all - quite possibly in the Austin Room as before …

Ed asked me if he and I could "split up" Saturday afternoon, as a "Mini-Pre-Bash" session. He wants to present extensive hands-on OmniVest how-to's from 1p-3p.

Then I'll spend the remainder of the afternoon (till 5 or 5:30p) showing you all the COOL NEW stuff about the "Major New Revision" of the MTV plugin, and also I'm pretty sure that some new tools will be making their debut: MTVscan, MTVsyst, and MTVstop.

So, if you can join us on Saturday, you'll be able to absorb a *lot* of valuable information! I'll have a special "free gift" for people who attend my part of the session, too.

Ed will be making an announcement about this soon, to a broader audience than just our loyal TradeTight group. I hope you can come!

And ... if you do plan to, please refer back to the earlier posts re emailing me … I'd like to know who will be there from our TT "family". And, let me know if you'd like to join us on Sunday night for the walk to Logan's steakhouse. Email address: JimDean at TradeTight dot org.
JimDean
Posted 5/5/2016 11:26 AM (#7910 - in reply to #7906)

Owner/Admin

LIMITED SEATING ... make reservations NOW!

Ed just confirmed with me that he will be sending out a "general invitation" for people to attend the Sat PM session ... he will do first half on OVest, ending at 3p, and I'll take it from there on MTV.

The seating will be fire-marshall limited to 60 people ... no tables this time, sorry. In the past we've had as many as 35-40 ... so, with the extended invite that Ed will be sending, you'll want to reserve a place NOW. :~)

I've sent Ed the list of people's names who have already signed up:
Mark Gerber
Trey Grafa
Duane Bokhart +4
Steve & Kath Byrne
Rob Pfoff
Steve Mayo
Jon Bates
Steve Luerman
Tim Lambie
Randy McBeath
Larry & Cookie Luck

Some of you said you'd be arriving late ... I noted that next to your name so that a chair would be held for you for the 3pm session.

Ed's staff will record both sessions so if you miss either, the recordings will be avail on Sunday (I hope).

And ... don't forget to let me know if you want to join us for the walk to Logan's steakhouse for Sunday dinner ... I need a count to make reservations.

Finally ... if you'd like to share a cab from the airport with me, my flight info is posted in the beginning of the thread ... please email me. Thanks.
JimDean
Posted 5/6/2016 9:59 PM (#7917 - in reply to #7910)

Owner/Admin

Hi All:

Ed just sent an email to all NClub members about the Sat seminar. I have modified my initial post of this thread accordingly.

If your name appears in the post just before this, in this thread, you are already registered. However, one or two people contacted me after that - bottom line:

if your name is not on the list in the prior post, you must register w/Nirvana via their link provided in Ed's letter and at the start of this thread.

Please email me about the Sum night dinner, and to let me know you registered with Nirvana - but an email to me will not automatically register you.

I hope to see you there!

PS: apparently, not only will both sessions be recorded - they will also be WebCast - so if you can't come to the Bash, I hope you can join us remotely!
JimDean
Posted 6/1/2016 9:55 PM (#8713 - in reply to #7917)

Owner/Admin

Would anyone like to share a cab from Airport to Hotel on Sat morning around 9:30-10:30? Cab fare is approx $70.

Please email me if so - hvacsage at yahoo dot com
JimDean
Posted 6/3/2016 11:19 AM (#8740 - in reply to #8713)

Owner/Admin

Final Reminder ... and agenda for the Sat PM TradeTight session (snapshot below):

If you haven't yet signed up for the Sat PM session be sure to contact Carol Norman (cnorman@nirvsys.com) to make a reservation ... and please email me to let me know you are coming too ... and, let me know if you want to join our group for a walk to Logan's on Sun night for dinner. See posts above for more info.

ALSO ... the pre-Bash special 20% discounts for MTV new-purchases or upgrades expires today, so if you are interested in getting the discount, contact me asap. Thanks very much to those of you who already have! We even got a new member in the Directors Group.

FNALLY ... still looking for someone who might want to share a $70 cab from the airport on Sat morning. First post has my itinerary. Please email me asap if you are interested.

My email is: hvacsage at yahoo dot com

See you soon!

(Saturday TradeTight Agenda.png)

Attachments
Attachments Saturday TradeTight Agenda.png (265KB - 2 downloads)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 msgs/pg]
( E-mail a Link | Printer Version | Search Room )

Owner of site: Jim Dean -- Forum content is confidential, and may not be distributed without written permission.