Search | User Listing Vidsite | Calendars | Quotes
Home Page ->  Custom TradeTight Routines -> MTV Market Trend & Volatility -> View ThreadLogon (or Register, or Join TradeTight)

You are logged in as a limited-access Guest.To join TradeTight, first read the info in the Organization & Content room, then click the link above. 

Psalm 127:1 (NKJV) ... Unless the Lord builds the house, they labor in vain who build it; Unless the Lord guards the city, the watchman stays awake in vain.

Sticky MTV General SUGGESTIONS
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 msgs/pg]
Jump to room :
JimDean
Posted 2/12/2016 11:12 AM (#7233)
Subject: MTV General SUGGESTIONS

Owner/Admin

This thread is for making Recommendations and Requests to improve MTV ... it is NOT intended for posting about problems/bugs/issues that arise which need resolution ... click here to go to the thread for reporting problems. If you have Questions about MTV use, click here to post in the thread dedicated to that ... if you'd just like to comment on or discuss things, click here.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
SalimHira
Posted 2/12/2016 11:26 AM (#6834 - in reply to #7233)

Veteran

Hello Jim:

A simple suggestion / idea: Of your cue-card discovery, I was thinking, it would be nice in future editions if it can also be expanded to one parameter on bottom of MTV or any other future codes dedicated to a "simple help-to manual or getting-started" that explains the various parameters, and possibly hyperlinks lead to your TT forum for more information. Its cumbersome with so much loaded information that will keep growing to keep clicking on forums, emails searching for basic stuff.... this would be a pretty good place to keep in handy at fingertips.

N can also possibly adopt this cue-card idea to add quick help-to for each indicator/system they put out... imho, it becomes much versatile with ease of use for using an indicator, and also not having to open the OmniLanguage window, PDF manual, forums, etc. for instructions. Thanks.
JimDean
Posted 2/12/2016 11:27 AM (#6835 - in reply to #7233)

Owner/Admin

Neat idea ... I can include the text for a link in a popup, but I doubt that it would be "active" ... it's likely that you'd have to copy/paste it into a browser window. Once I get finished with the gargantuan task of documentation (in the forum and via videos), and I'm ready to do some major additional changes to MTV, I'll test this out (remind me when things settle down). Thanks.

Note that the symbol lists themselves are already textfile-driven, so changes to the SymXref file will automatically be reflected in the existing MTV platforms - that's by design, to accommodate any future switch to Zacks, or any customization requests.
SalimHira
Posted 2/12/2016 11:27 AM (#6974 - in reply to #7233)

Veteran

Hello Jim:

Attempting to understand all the variety of market state MTV pattern recognition potentially to enlighten us all with is bringing some confusion (at least for me), it would be great to use some kind of analogy to what kind of MTV market state patterns are related to market conditions. Below are few examples that comes to mind, hopefully, it can be reflected in your videos, writeups, etc... as you explain the use of MTV. Below are few sample thots:

Strength / Weakness Analysis

Few examples that include MTV scripts from the 9 Potential Market State:

- Swing Strength Increasing (With Trend) i.e., MTV State _____________
- Swing Strength Decreasing (With Trend) i.e, MTV State _____________
- Swing Strength Increasing (Counter Trend) i.e., MTV State _____________
- Swing Strength Decreasing (Counter Trend) i.e., and so on MTV State contuation...
- Projection – Increasing
- Projection – Decreasing
- Depth – Increasing
- Depth – Decreasing
- Failure to Continue
- Climactic Acceleration

Trend

- Trend – Strengthening
- Trend – Weakening
- Trend – False Break
- Trend – Transition to Range
- Trend – Transition to Reverse Trend
- Trend – Uncertain (because there will be times it's messy and unreadable!)

Range

Sideways Trend and what that means for future trend projection and identification of trade opportunity.

- Range – False Break
- Range – Partial Rise
- Range – Transition to Trend

Volatility

Effective trading requires that we adapt to changing conditions. Quickly recognizing reducing volatility allows us to stand aside through much of the contraction, while also remaining focused for opportunity once volatility rapidly expands.

- Volatility – Recognizing Reducing Volatility
- Volatility – Contraction to Expansion
- Volatility – Retest of Point of Contraction

And lastly, using the "Alt-Symbols" for,

Market Internals

Studying how market internals could provide clues to continuation of current MTV market state / conditions, or warn of an upcoming change.

- NYSE Tick
- Advance / Decline Line
- etc., etc.

And finally Jim, clues for sniffing out:

Pullbacks

Trend traders REALLY want to focus here. Examine pullbacks to identify clues as to the expected depth and duration and the best way to manage them.

- Pullbacks – Deep
- Pullbacks – Shallow
- Pullbacks – Single Leg
- Pullbacks – Multiple Leg
- Pullbacks – First After a Change of Trend
- Pullbacks – Last Before a Change of Trend

Hope this helps you to help us in the best way to examining the MTV scripts usage in OT, OV, VT, in manner we can use / build them in the best market conditions and at same time ADAPT to each MTV script as we build 'em. Thanks again.
JimDean
Posted 2/12/2016 11:28 AM (#6979 - in reply to #7233)

Owner/Admin

After reading your post about three times, and mulling it over, I realized that you are trying to identify nine "avatars" to somehow represent the 100 Library, 810 Core, and 2+million Xprt patterns. Just the thought of the work required to revamp everything along different lines was like to make my head explode. However, I want to try to help with the problem.

Presumably you & others might then decide to use those nine "avatar scripts" as a starting point for applications. I honestly don't even know what some of the terms you used in your post "mean" ... ie, how to interpret them mathematically and visually (please don't try to explain them ... just read on). Keep in mind that these Scripts are intended as Filters, not entry-exit systems. The "Guru-level" and "Expert-Level" terminology I've created is oriented around Filter-thinking.

I understand the problem that you and others are wrestling with ... but there are so many different scenarios how the Scripts might be used, coming up with an entirely different set of terms, and boiling down the choices even further, is a task that gives me a headache & heartburn just thinking about it ... even if we discount the fact that the Scripts might be applied in a higher timeframe or to a different symbol than the current symbol & timeframe.

Also, everyone will have different perspectives on how to set up their own categories ... no matter what terms and criteria I use, someone will want something different. So ... the best I can think to do is pick general, understandable terms like "Trade Length" and "Response" (I admit that "Bias Threshold" is not immediately understandable) ... and document them as best I can.

Rather than trying to re-map things into a large variety of person's alternative perspectives, I've prepared a method of "cutting through" the confusion ... simply by asking yourself a series of questions, in line with the existing nomenclature and categories.

Please review the explanations in this thread:
http://tradetight.org/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1257

JimDean
Posted 2/12/2016 11:28 AM (#6989 - in reply to #7233)

Owner/Admin

Followup to Salim's request ... I just completed a thorough explanation in this thread ... applies to Guru selections for MTVcore, MTVxprt, or MTV OScript Library ... don't miss it!

"Translating Your Needs into MTV Patterns"
http://tradetight.org/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1257
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 msgs/pg]
( E-mail a Link | Printer Version | Search Room )

Owner of site: Jim Dean -- Forum content is confidential, and may not be distributed without written permission.