Search | User Listing Vidsite | Calendars | Quotes
Home Page ->  Custom TradeTight Routines -> MTV Market Trend & Volatility -> View ThreadLogon (or Register, or Join TradeTight)

You are logged in as a limited-access Guest.To join TradeTight, first read the info in the Organization & Content room, then click the link above. 

1 Timothy 6:6-7 (NKJV) ... Now godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.

Sticky MTV Training Videos & Slides
Frozen
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 msgs/pg]
Jump to room :
JimDean
Posted 12/31/2015 9:39 PM (#6637)
Subject: MTV Training Videos & Slides

Owner/Admin

This thread is only for announcements about MTV Training Videos ... if you have comments or questions about MTV training videos, post them in the Q/A thread: http://tradetight.org/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1194

The video links for installation and licenses, and for the final three inputs, are no longer current for the major new MTV.B1 releases, but they do provide some useful information ... they will be replaced very soon. The introductory video (next post) is still mostly useful, although the names of and specifics about the input parameters have changed in version B1. It too will be replaced, but has significant value as an introduction. Nutshell re B1 changes ... everything is more streamlined, more helpful, and more powerful.

An additional Video is available to help you get started ... go to this post for more information:

Installation and Licenses for TradeTight DLLs
http://tradetight.org/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1189

Top of the page Bottom of the page
JimDean
Posted 1/3/2016 1:16 PM (#6654 - in reply to #6637)
Subject: MTV Training Videos

Owner/Admin

Anyone who wants a quick overview of how MTV works, please be sure to watch this video! Here's the description:

The information about specific inputs given in the latter half of this video is not current for the major new MTV.B1 release, but still gives a useful feel for how things generally look and work. A new video will soon be replacing this one.

Finding Market State with MTV
Knowing the "State" (Trend+Volatility) of the Market, or of some more focused portion of it (Sector, Industry, Group, Index, Symbol) is a pivotal key to managing your trades ... and is one of the "holy grail" needs that all traders wish they had a more flexible &/or insightful way of evaluating. This one-hour video starts with a very fast 20-min overview of the MTV indicator tools (MTVcore & MTVxprt, "MTV" = Market Trend & Volatility) which run on all of Nirvana's analysis & trading platforms (OmniTrader, VisualTrader, OmniFunds and OmniVest). Then it segues into a recording of a presentation made at the Nirvana Bash, which describes the concepts and importance of finding and utilizing the Market State wisely, as well as examining a selection of charts that illustrate the thinking, and value of the MTV tool. This tool is available for purchase - email JimDean@TradeTight.org, or visit the TradeTight forum for further discussion about it: www.tradetight.org/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1062

Link to view or download the video ... https://vimeo.com/150599052
To get a copy on your machine ... click the download button and pick either the HD version.

The Table of contents is shown below, and also is attached (an RTF file that you can edit with timestamps and notes if you'd like).

(Finding Market State with MTV TOC.png)

Attachments
Attachments Finding Market State with MTV TOC.png (33KB - 20 downloads)
Attachments Finding Market State with MTV TOC.rtf (1KB - 27 downloads)
JimDean
Posted 1/3/2016 1:59 PM (#6655 - in reply to #6654)
Subject: MTV Training Videos

Owner/Admin

Final Three MTV Control Inputs
After viewing the "Finding Market States with MTV" video (https://vimeo.com/150599052), and then the "TradeTight DLL's Installation & Licensing" video (https://vimeo.com/149756759) ... you're ready to get started with learning how to fully utilize use the MTV tools.
This training video is a good place to start for those who use MTVcore/MTVxprt in Nirvana's OmniTrader, VisualTrader, or OmniFunds platforms (the latter third of the video applies also to OmniVest users). It offers a comprehensive explanation (nearly 2 hours) of how the final three input parameters that are common to MTVcore & MTVxprt can be used to provide a wide variety of outputs and detailed information, including use in other Nirvana tools.

The information about specific inputs given in this video is *not* current for the major new MTV.B1 release, but still gives a useful feel for how things generally look and work. Except, with the B1 release, it's easier to understand and use - and there are more options, with fewer inputs. A new video will soon be replacing this one.

Link to view or download the video (password=TradeTight) ... https://vimeo.com/150455889
To get a copy on your machine ... click the download button and pick either the HD version.

The Table of contents is shown below, and also is attached (an RTF file that you can edit with timestamps and notes if you'd like). The flow of the video discussion does not "strictly" follow the order of the contents, but it's close. Also ... an RTF file is attached that shows a typical Header and Instructions for an MTV OmniScript package.

(Final Three Control Inputs TOC.png)

Attachments
Attachments Final Three Control Inputs TOC.png (46KB - 11 downloads)
Attachments Final Three MTV Control Inputs TOC.rtf (2KB - 23 downloads)
Attachments MTV OScript Header & Instructions.rtf (2KB - 23 downloads)
JimDean
Posted 6/5/2016 10:06 AM (#8750 - in reply to #6637)

Owner/Admin

The Benefits and Features of MTV presentation from this Saturday afternoon has an un-edited video recording posted here:
http://videos.nirvanasystems.com/bash2016/22/video.html
... I'll be cleaning it up a bit, separating it into smaller segments, and posting it via Vimeo.

The PDF with the (correct) slides for that presentation are attached to this post (the wrong slides were posted in the PDF on the Nirvana forum). If you have questions, please post them here:
http://tradetight.org/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1298

Attachments
Attachments Part 1, TradeTight MTV Indicator Features & Benefits.pdf (1646KB - 40 downloads)
Attachments Part 2, TradeTight MTV Indicator Features & Benefits.pdf (1623KB - 32 downloads)
Attachments Part 3, TradeTight MTV Indicator Features & Benefits.pdf (1234KB - 27 downloads)
JimDean
Posted 6/17/2016 6:33 AM (#8817 - in reply to #8750)

Owner/Admin

Many of you have requested a collection of training videos for MTV use. The Saturday afternoon and Monday morning Bash presentations make a decent (if unedited :-) start in that, and I have plans for many more - of a more structured type. I was planning to have posted at least 2-3 of them by now, and another batch before the end of the month.

However, as things sometimes go, "life" intervened. I am selling my house this summer and the real estate agents informed me about certain very important factors re local schools that "demand" that I get the house ready and listed by July1st latest. I look forward to the completion of this but really dislike the process. It's gotta be done though. So I'm been spending nearly all my time, and will continue to be busy doing so, preparing for that listing and move, likely thru the end of June. Sadly that will push back the release-dates for training vid's since they require a lot of work.

However, please feel free to email me questions or post them on the forum in the QUESTIONS thread. I'll do my best to get back to you quickly and usefully, for things that lend themselves to written explanations.

But - be forewarned - I will "expect and request" that you READ THE HELP MANUAL first. No point in my rewriting it to individuals multiple times. Print it out, then as you read each paragraph/section, stop and TRY OUT the feature being described to help anchor the description in your mind. The Help manuals are very comprehensive.

Use the PDF help file in the SDK\TT_Help-Manuals subfolder, not the TXT file in the TT_Output-Files folder.

Thanks! And, fear not, the videos are coming! The videos are coming!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 msgs/pg]
( E-mail a Link | Printer Version | Search Room )
Frozen

Owner of site: Jim Dean -- Forum content is confidential, and may not be distributed without written permission.