Search | User Listing Vidsite | Calendars | Quotes
Home Page ->  VT-Specific Features -> Measurements -> View ThreadLogon (or Register, or Join TradeTight)

You are logged in as a limited-access Guest.To join TradeTight, first read the info in the Organization & Content room, then click the link above. 

1 Timothy 6:9-10 (NIV) … People who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge men into ruin and destruction.  For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.

Color Charts and Measurements
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 msgs/pg]
Jump to room :
RoyWild
Posted 9/16/2014 11:55 PM (#5989)
Subject: Color Charts and Measurements

Veteran

I have been trying to color chart a measurement plotted in the chart (VT measurements) but have not find the way.

Has someone done this?

Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page
ThomasHelget
Posted 9/17/2014 9:50 AM (#5990 - in reply to #5989)

Elite

Roy:

Good question!

One can certainly plot the Measurement (below Trend Change (L)) on the chart and access the Color Charts Tab on Chart Options.

But then comes the hard part. What to enter as the Indicator that is to be controlling the coloring. For Trend Change (L) there is no indicator.

Now if you had programmed the Measurement in Pro, you could have also programmed a corresponding Indicator (after all they are much alike) and all would be well.

But if you want to roll with a standard VT Measurement it would appear that you are stuck unless you could code up an Indicator to match the canned VT Measurement.

And, by the way that may not be impossible from the reading of how the Measurement is derived in the VT documentation.

I hope that helps!

(What To Enter.PNG)

Edited by ThomasHelget 9/17/2014 9:51 AM

Attachments
Attachments What To Enter.PNG (108KB - 6 downloads)
ThomasHelget
Posted 9/17/2014 8:04 PM (#5991 - in reply to #5990)

Elite

Roy:

I don't know if the attached will be of any use to you.

Quite a while back I tried to emulate the built in VT Measurements.

To some extent I was successful in creating the attached Indicators.

I also have attached a picture showing the various VT canned Measurements and the corresponding parameters utilized.

Please remember that the difference between S, M, and L is just an adjustment of the parameters of the Measurement (and/or Indicator).

Also keep in mind that if the Indicator matches the VT Measurement that it instead of the Measurement can be plotted and Color Charted up like any other Indicator.

(VT Measurement.PNG)

Edited by ThomasHelget 9/17/2014 8:11 PM

Attachments
Attachments VT Measurement.PNG (616KB - 10 downloads)
Attachments VTTrend.txt (0KB - 14 downloads)
Attachments VTChangeInTrend.txt (0KB - 16 downloads)
Attachments VTReversalEmulation.txt (0KB - 16 downloads)
RoyWild
Posted 9/17/2014 10:12 PM (#5992 - in reply to #5989)

Veteran

Tom

Thank you for the detail responses. I imagine the answer was that it requires to convert it to a indicator.

Thank you so much for providing the examples to replicate the VT measurements.

Have a nice evening
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 msgs/pg]
( E-mail a Link | Printer Version | Search Room )

Owner of site: Jim Dean -- Forum content is confidential, and may not be distributed without written permission.