Search | User Listing Vidsite | Calendars | Quotes
Home Page ->  VT-Specific Features -> Transforms -> View ThreadLogon (or Register, or Join TradeTight)

You are logged in as a limited-access Guest.To join TradeTight, first read the info in the Organization & Content room, then click the link above. 

1 Timothy 6:6-7 (NKJV) ... Now godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.

Market Breadth
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 msgs/pg]
Jump to room :
RoyWild
Posted 9/6/2014 9:43 PM (#5975)
Subject: Market Breadth

Veteran

I think one nice advantage of VT is the ability to use leading indicators to tell you how well the market is behaving. I have tried the canned transforms on leading indicators and they dont seem to be so useful for EOD.... instead their usefulness is more towards RT (at least thats what I have looked in my analysis)

The beauty of thee maps is thee ability to see what is going on with your current list.... so in theory you can create market breadth leading indicators to tell you where the market is at this particular moment and take some decisions. Is the Market neutral, downtrend, or continuation of trend

You can develop some transforms too measure how many stocks above certain moving average are up or down and put that into the leading indicator:

If C>EMA(40) Then

Return EMA(40)

Elseif C<EMA(40) then

Return -EMA(40)

End If

Or you can see how stocks with higher high or higher lows....

If H>HHV(220)[1] Then

Return 1

Elseif L<LLV(220)[1] then

Return -1

End If

What transforms and leading indicators would you think can be more reliable for EOD trade
Any other ideas on market breadth to be use in leading indicators?

Hope the above is useful and hope others chime in with other ideas

Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page
DennisOFlynn
Posted 9/6/2014 11:02 PM (#5976 - in reply to #5975)

Spectator

SS transforms are not working for me at the moment, hopefully support will get me going early next week, but I participated in Ed's Thursday webinar and just watched the recording of Fridays'.

Roy, I tend to agree with you real time appears to be the emphasis of SS and I'm a medium to longer term trader. Having said that, I should be more looking for medium term tools such as you have suggested.

Perhaps ADX would be a useful transform. Are these able to be made up like an indicator with just a different suffix?

cheers
Dennis
RoyWild
Posted 9/7/2014 1:19 AM (#5977 - in reply to #5975)

Veteran

Here is a transform to understand breadth of the market.... functions well to see changes in sentiment a little choppy on markets like 2011.

If H>HHV(220)[1] Then

Return 1

Elseif L<LLV(220)[1] then

Return -1

End If

Any ideas are welcome - the thread is to see any uses to read market direction via market breadth with VT

Thanks
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 msgs/pg]
( E-mail a Link | Printer Version | Search Room )

Owner of site: Jim Dean -- Forum content is confidential, and may not be distributed without written permission.