Search | User Listing Vidsite | Calendars | Quotes
Home Page ->  OLang, OScript & OPilot -> Writing OScript MTC EZ-Setups -> View ThreadLogon (or Register, or Join TradeTight)

You are logged in as a limited-access Guest.To join TradeTight, first read the info in the Organization & Content room, then click the link above. 

Matthew 22:19-21 (ESV) … "Show me the coin for the tax.” And they brought him a denarius. And Jesus said to them, “Whose likeness and inscription is this?”  They said, “Caesar’s.” Then he said to them, “Therefore render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s.”

Sticky Post Requests for EZ-Setups here ...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 msgs/pg]
Jump to room :
JimDean
Posted 7/18/2011 2:18 PM (#2543)
Subject: Post Requests for EZ-Setups here ...

Owner/Admin

In order to try to keep things organized, so that others can find them in the future and so that threads do not get mixed up, this Thread is dedicated just to EZ-SETUPS. "Extended" responses will often be put in other threads, which will be dedicated to the creation of the requested OmniScript.

So, if a thread does not already exist that deals with your desired EZ-Setup, just post your question here. Please DON'T post requests for help with Syntax or Indicators or Systems or Filters/Scans or Stops or ColorCharts or Measurements or Transforms in this Thread (or this Room) - there are other Threads dedicated for those requests.

If there is a "fast answer" pointing out an existing solution, it will be given in this Thread. Otherwise, if someone creates a solution for that request, it should be provided in SEPARATE Thread with an appropriate name, in the appropriate Room that's dedicated for that kind of function. Ideally, you should put a single response-post in THIS thread, with a URL-link pointing to the new Thread with the response.

Thanks!

Thread moved by JimDean on 7/18/2011 2:26 PM from OLang, OScript & OPilot > Post Requests Here > Post Requests for EZ-Setups here ...

Top of the page Bottom of the page
ThomasHelget
Posted 3/18/2021 12:30 PM (#9875 - in reply to #2543)

Elite

Hi Jim!

Hope you continue to stay safe and well!

Say you have four timeframes in an OmniTrader RealTime Profile: Daily, 120 Minutes, 60 Minutes, and 15 Minutes and you have one EZ-Setup Square allotted to each timeframe.

Furthest to the left is the Daily, followed by the 120 Minute followed by the 60 Minute followed by the 15 Minute to the far right.

Your Period Type (Current Timeframe) in OmniTrader is set to 60 Minutes.

Your Color Square 1st (left) therefore Uses Timeframe Current+2 or Daily.

Your 2nd Color Square Uses Timeframe Current+1 or 120 Minutes.

Your 3rd Color Square Uses Timeframe Current or 60 Minutes.

And, finally, your 4th Color Square Uses Timeframe Current-1 or 15 Minutes.

Your main interest is in catching changes in the 4th Color Square or 15 Minute timeframe the moment they occur.

However, that only seems to happen when I go from one Focus List set of symbols to another.

If I "sit" with a Focus List for an interval of time and start trolling down the list I often see on the 15 Minute Chart (which is also Color Charted to reflect the change I am looking for) that the 15 Minute EZ Setup Square is way out of synch with the Color Chart.

Since I was hoping that the 4th Color Square would have alerted me to the change on the Color Chart I am wondering what is going on.

Attached is a sample of the problem on TDOC today. Green and red on both the EZ-Setup Square and the Color Chart should match up (which they do for TDOC on the Daily, 120 Minute, and 60 Minute Charts). However note that on the 15 Minute Chart we are showing a red Color Chart but a bright green E-Z Setup Square furthest to the right (brighter green reflects a recent change from red to green on the Color Chart which indeed did happen on the previous 15 Minute bar - not the current 15 Minute bar). So, what I was really looking for here was a far right bright red E-Z Setup Square in agreement with the red Color Chart.

The only thing I can think of is that since my Period Type is set to 60 Minutes that the 15 Minute EZ Color Square (the 4th Color Square) is only updating every 60 Minutes. Thus four 15 Minute Intervals have to transpire before a change is made in any of the four EZ-Setup Squares.

Does that reflect your understanding of how EZ-Setup works in RealTime? Does the Period Type (Current Timeframe) control when all of the E-Z Setup Squares are updated?

If so, what would be the way I could configure E-Z Setup to achieve my goal?

For example, say I change my Period Type to 15 Minutes to get more timely updating, then my Current Timeframe becomes 15 Minutes. If the 4th Color Square Uses Current (15 Minutes) , the 3rd Color Square could be set to Use Current+1 (60 Minutes), and the 2nd Color Square to Current+2 (120 Minutes). But there is no Current+3 to accommodate the furthest left 1st Color Square. So, how could EZ-Setup be configured to do this?

Thanks and I truly hope you don't have the same headache reading this as I did posting it!

Edited by ThomasHelget 3/18/2021 12:34 PM

Thread moved by JimDean on 7/18/2011 2:26 PM from OLang, OScript & OPilot > Post Requests Here > Post Requests for EZ-Setups here ...

Attachments
Attachments E-Z Setup Problem.jpg (193KB - 8 downloads)
JimDean
Posted 3/18/2021 1:34 PM (#9876 - in reply to #9875)

Owner/Admin

Hi Tom!

I think I follow your description OK. And I understand your frustration. Unfortunately, I just don’t use the EZ stuff regularly, and don’t think I ever did with RT plus mult timeframes.

FL columns are generally idiosyncratic re updating - I’ve seen some posts recently on N forums that indicate other issues too.

My guess is that this is a Barry question, and that it might be difficult to get them to fix it. I suggest you provide snaps, formulae, and maybe a video.

One thing you didn’t mention. Maybe try this on a “eod” profile using the same (but static) timeframes. Run Todo etc and see how it differs.

ThomasHelget
Posted 3/18/2021 1:46 PM (#9877 - in reply to #9876)

Elite

Jim:

Thanks - and, yeah, there isn't a whole lot of documentation on EZ Setups that I could find.

I'll take my case to a higher court then and hope for a favorable resolution.

Thank for your consideration of the problem!

Edited by ThomasHelget 3/18/2021 1:47 PM

VinayJain
Posted 3/19/2021 10:49 AM (#9878 - in reply to #2543)

Regular

Tom,

In a very old video from 2009, Jeremy mentioned that it is customary to have the lowest time frame to the extreme left side and the higher time frames progressively to the right hand side so that the highest time frame comes at extreme right. I guess it should not make any difference but still you can give it a try.

Secondly to bypass the limitation of EZ View having only Current+2, have you considered using "MT" Indicators instead of Current+3 to accommodate Daily time frame in 15 minute period?

ThomasHelget
Posted 3/19/2021 10:57 AM (#9879 - in reply to #9878)

Elite

Jim:

I contacted Angela who contacted Barry who essentially gave me Jeremy's fix you describe above.

For me that meant that the 1st (Left) Color Square was Using Timeframe 4 (Daily) and Color Square 4 was Using Timeframe 1st (Lowest) or 15 Minutes.

It indeed shows what I am looking for but the timeliness of the updating for that Square 4 (15 Minutes) is still in question. I have been busy all morning here unwinding (happily) short positions I put on a short time ago. But I will further scrutinize this approach's effectiveness this afternoon.

Thanks so much for your follow-up!

Edited by ThomasHelget 3/19/2021 10:59 AM

JimDean
Posted 3/19/2021 12:39 PM (#9880 - in reply to #9879)

Owner/Admin

Thanks Vinay, and Tom, for clarifying the “best chance for a solution”.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 msgs/pg]
( E-mail a Link | Printer Version | Search Room )

Owner of site: Jim Dean -- Forum content is confidential, and may not be distributed without written permission.