Search | User Listing Vidsite | Calendars | Quotes
Home Page ->  OmniTrader HowTo's -> Drawing Tool Techniques -> View ThreadLogon (or Register, or Join TradeTight)

You are logged in as a limited-access Guest.To join TradeTight, first read the info in the Organization & Content room, then click the link above. 

John 6:27 (NIV) ... Do not work for food that spoils, but for food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you. On him God the Father has placed his seal of approval.

Plotting a Test Stop Manually
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 msgs/pg]
Jump to room :
JimDean
Posted 3/10/2016 8:01 PM (#7392)
Subject: Plotting a Test Stop Manually

Owner/Admin

I keep forgetting how to do this, and it's really useful so I want to post it here where I and y'all can Search for it.

If you want to plot a Stop (canned, OLang, or DLL but not OScript) and test it, by making it appear on the chart based on an arbitrary bar being the "entry" signal, all you have to do is:

Rightclick on Chart > "Add Signal" > (select Long or Short)

It will let you place the entry level on whatever bar you want and will let you resize the signal-triangle too. Once you have placed it on the chart, you can double click on it to select the stop (or combo of stops) that you want to use.

And all you have to do to modify the parameters is to double click on the stop to change the settings.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
SalimHira
Posted 3/12/2016 4:56 PM (#7393 - in reply to #7392)

Veteran

I thot, if memory does not fail, we can also change the color (red/green) besides size of triangle of the "signal" itself too, any ideas ?
JimDean
Posted 3/12/2016 5:00 PM (#7394 - in reply to #7393)

Owner/Admin

Yes, the color of the signal-triangle can be changed via Chart Properties > Colors > Long|Short Signal
And, (recent change), the size of that triangle is set via Chart Properties > Trades > Size Multiplier (I use 1.5)

Or, when you insert a signal as per the instructions above, you can manually stretch or shrink the triangle.

The snapshot shows my preferred black-background settings, and I'm attaching my preferred Basic-Black Template.

(Black-Background Color Scheme.png)

Attachments
Attachments Black-Background Color Scheme.png (25KB - 4 downloads)
Attachments aJDctBasicBlack.otd (268KB - 4 downloads)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 msgs/pg]
( E-mail a Link | Printer Version | Search Room )

Owner of site: Jim Dean -- Forum content is confidential, and may not be distributed without written permission.