Search | User Listing Vidsite | Calendars | Quotes
Home Page ->  Custom TradeTight Routines -> MTV Market Trend & Volatility -> View ThreadLogon (or Register, or Join TradeTight)

You are logged in as a limited-access Guest.To join TradeTight, first read the info in the Organization & Content room, then click the link above. 

Matthew 22:19-21 (ESV) … "Show me the coin for the tax.” And they brought him a denarius. And Jesus said to them, “Whose likeness and inscription is this?”  They said, “Caesar’s.” Then he said to them, “Therefore render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s.”

MTV - In the Last Few Months
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 msgs/pg]
Jump to room :
JamesMcNeill
Posted 11/11/2016 11:46 AM (#8901)
Subject: MTV - In the Last Few Months

Friend

I am wondering if anybody who is familiar and active in the use of MTV would comment on how they have used MTV and with what success have they had with MTV.

I am not asking for specifics but a general direction and discussion would be nice.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
SalimHira
Posted 11/11/2016 6:26 PM (#8902 - in reply to #8901)
Subject: MTV - In the Last Few Months

Veteran

Hello:

I have been using MTV as a filter block for entry confirmation purposes with my OT system. I have one MTV filter for bulls, and another set for Bears, separately tweaked in the strategies.

In addition, I use the Volatility of MTV tuned for visual purposes, esp. to observe and quantify support and resistance levels that is NOT same as bears or the bulls MTV parameter settings.

There could be other uses too, found in the RETURN values options, but I need more clarity of examples on how best to use each Return settings for its purpose.

What I have experienced is, the MTV is 1-3 bars lag, but it should not be taken in that manner, as in many instances its a good thing from taking early entries.

In future, I'd want to see a MTV System, but at moment, I am attempting to find a critical way for my strategy to stop trading during choppy and noisy sessions, which I am sure MTV may be able to handle, but very unfamiliar territory how best to tune it in OT strategy.

More discussions on topic and examples of uses are needed by all those using MTV.

Hope it helps. Thanks for starting up the dialog.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 msgs/pg]
( E-mail a Link | Printer Version | Search Room )

Owner of site: Jim Dean -- Forum content is confidential, and may not be distributed without written permission.