Search | User Listing Vidsite | Calendars | Quotes
Home Page ->  Custom TradeTight Routines -> MTV Market Trend & Volatility -> View ThreadLogon (or Register, or Join TradeTight)

You are logged in as a limited-access Guest.To join TradeTight, first read the info in the Organization & Content room, then click the link above. 

1 Cor 15:58 (NET) ... Always be outstanding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.

MTV Training Video Q/A
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 msgs/pg]
Jump to room :
JimDean
Posted 1/1/2016 9:26 AM (#6638)
Subject: MTV Training Video Q/A

Owner/Admin

This thread is dedicated to Q/A specifically regarding the MTV Training Videos, which have links posted here:
http://tradetight.org/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1193

If you have questions regarding the content of any MTV video, please list its title and the playback timestamp(s) where the info you are asking about is discussed.

If you have questions beyond the scope of the info covered in the video, please post it here instead:
http://tradetight.org/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1169

Thanks!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
JimDean
Posted 1/1/2016 9:47 AM (#6639 - in reply to #6638)

Owner/Admin

Questions for y'all:

1. I have one report that playback halted in the Final Three Inputs video around 43:20 ... I cannot duplicate the problem ... if anyone else experiences something like that, please either post here about it or email me ... tell me the timestamp, what happened, what device you were using (ie Computer vs PDA), and whether you were live-streaming or you were viewing the mp4 after downloading it. Thanks.

2. The Final Three Inputs video covers a lot of ground, and ended up being longer than I expected. I *could* revise it into three smaller pieces: a. Details & Lists (36m); b. Return Value & Plotting (41m); c. OScript Orders & Use (29m). The content would be pretty much the same. Question: would that be significantly "better" or not? It would take me additional time to split those out.

3. I have just now added the bullet-point text that shows up on the bottom right of the vid's to the description in the post that provides the link to the videos (both the Install and the Last-3 videos). You can view or download it (an RTF file) from the forum ... and you can add your own timestamps or notes to it as you watch the video. Is that sufficient?

Later - I tested an approach that might have provided clickable TOC links, but it just didn't function ... it would have required full download of MP4 from Vimeo, and also another download of support files from here, and also some user fiddling around ... but even when I went through the steps, it didn't work ... don't know specifically why, but bottom line is that it's definitely not going to be viable for us.
KeithBuhl
Posted 1/1/2016 10:31 AM (#6640 - in reply to #6638)

Veteran

Hi Jim,
Happy New Year!!!
I downloaded the new video in HD last night and have watched half of it (55:36) already with no problems whatsoever! Brilliant job btw! As far as I am concerned, the RTF document is more than sufficient to index the videos --Thank you. I downloaded the video at 12:51 est so haven't seen the one with index marks on it. I might download it later just to see, but the rtf seems the best for me (and easiest for you). I just want to say that I'm really enjoying your clear explanations on this amazingly complex indicator and am having fun following along with OT2016. I'm just getting ready to put those indicator columns in my focus list as per your illustration. I also re-downloaded the updated strategy example and changed the function call accordingly per your instructions, and although I know you said it is not suitable for trading, there are some really good trades on just the SP100! So I'm getting pretty excited!! Thanks again for all of your hard work on this. I am using a free video platform for viewing the videos that I primarily use for all videos from Wondershare. I hope it is ok to put the link in this post--if not, I apologize in advance :))))))

http://www.wondershare.com/video-player/
JimDean
Posted 1/1/2016 11:15 AM (#6641 - in reply to #6640)

Owner/Admin

Thanks Keith ...

Re the embedded clickable links ... It can't be done directly through Vimeo ... all the support files (HTML and CSS and XML and SWF and scripts and skins) must be downloaded separately, then the MP4 from the Vimeo download must be done, and inserted in the support folder, then the vid potentially can be played back (in the web browser) from your local machine, with clickable link table of contents.

Later - I tested this and it doesn't seem to work, even as separate download ... probably some kind of mismatch in the support files with the Vimeo-processed download ... so, it won't be an option after all ... Sorry!
ThomasHelget
Posted 1/1/2016 12:54 PM (#6642 - in reply to #6639)

Elite

Jim:

Last evening from the Vimeo webpage I watched a little over an hour of the video without incident and then watched the remainder this morning again without incident.

JohnWolfraad
Posted 1/2/2016 1:09 AM (#6648 - in reply to #6641)

Veteran

Jim, Watched it all, worked fine, don't need embedded clickable links. Why?
If I didn't understand something I just rewound it until I did.
Basically once you've seen the video you get the idea and move on.
WELL DONE, VERY EASY TO UNDERSTAND, I LIKE YOUR TEACHING STYLE!
Regards, John
JimDean
Posted 1/2/2016 10:02 PM (#6652 - in reply to #6648)

Owner/Admin

Alexandre emailed me with a great question ... in process of watching the video, he dug deeper, and checked what the values ("heights") plotted in the double-histogram pane were, compared to the values reported in the Focus List TV1 and VT1 columns. He noticed that the histogram heights were larger than the FL-reported T & V states ... the plotted heights of the histo's above the zero line were always = FL values +1 (-1 for histo's below the zero line).

Good catch, Alexandre! That's actually the way it's supposed to be, but I failed to explain it in the video. I deliberately made the plot histo's a little bit taller, so that the "stubby" ones with low values (FL=1.1) would be tall enough to be visible. So ... if you use the crosshairs mode to check the height of the histo's ... remember to subtract 1 from the upper histo, and add 1 to the bottom histo, to get the "correct" value.

Hopefully, this table will make it clear:
3 ... 2 ... 1 ... 0 ... -1 ... -2 ... -3 ...... Individual-Value of Trend or Volat in FL (or Return)
7 ... 6 ... 5 ... 4 .... 3 .... 2 .... 1 ....... Focus-list dual-output TV or VT column value (or Return)
8 ... 7 ... 6 ... 5 .... 4 .... 3 .... 2 ....... Plot-histogram height (up or down) with extra for visibility
JimDean
Posted 1/3/2016 8:18 PM (#6658 - in reply to #6652)

Owner/Admin

My recent reformatting of the TT posts that have the links to the videos apparently messed up the click-ability of the links - it included the bold-font termination code when you click it. I fixed it. So just go back to the threads (all three) and click the links and they will work fine. Thanks for pointing this out to me, LD.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 msgs/pg]
( E-mail a Link | Printer Version | Search Room )

Owner of site: Jim Dean -- Forum content is confidential, and may not be distributed without written permission.