Search | User Listing Vidsite | Calendars | Quotes
Home Page ->  OLang, OScript & OPilot -> Writing OScript Scans -> View ThreadLogon (or Register, or Join TradeTight)

You are logged in as a limited-access Guest.To join TradeTight, first read the info in the Organization & Content room, then click the link above. 

Ecclesiastes 7:8 (NKJV) ... The end of a thing is better than its beginning; the patient in spirit is better than the proud in spirit.

Scan for MA touches
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 msgs/pg]
Jump to room :
AshWebb
Posted 6/11/2015 3:56 AM (#6299)
Subject: Scan for MA touches

Spectator

Hello Jim,
Reading through the forum I believe I need to post my request here.
If I'm wrong, let me know and I can repost.
I am moving back to OT and in Wordens TC2000 I have a handy scan that presents me with a watch-list that does two things.

1. Lists tickers that are touching a 20, 50, 100 or 200 simple moving average
2. Lists tickers with bullish or bearish candles (Hammers and inverted hammers in my case) that are ALSO touching the above moving averages.

As you would recognize, this was used by the late David Elliot (FirstWave) and known as an Ice Hole Failure/Bounce.

I have attached the results screen-shot and the code I use in Wordens.

50sma IHF
L <= AVGC50 AND AVGC50 <= H AND O - L <= (H - L) / 3 AND C - L <= (H - L) / 3 AND H > L
50sma IHB
L <= AVGC50 AND AVGC50 <= H AND H - O <= (H - L) / 2 AND H - C <= (H - L) / 3 AND H > L

Jim, to get a similar result to what I have shown, can you help me out?
Ash Webb
Brisbane
Australia

Attachments
Attachments ihfb 1.jpg (116KB - 9 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
JimDean
Posted 6/11/2015 5:16 AM (#6300 - in reply to #6299)

Owner/Admin

Hi, Ash:

Hello from "Sir Tanstaafl", ten-time veteran of the Worden reports ;-). Been awhile since I I thought about good ole PCF's, but I'll give it a crack …

50sma IHF
L <= AVGC50 AND AVGC50 <= H AND O - L <= (H - L) / 3 AND C - L <= (H - L) / 3 AND H > L
… becomes:
L <= sma(50) and sma(50) <= H and O-L <= (H-L)/3 and C-L <= (H-L)/3 and H>L
… note: PCF's and OSans are very similar except for the function call syntax
… also: the final H>L rule is sort of odd - it is essentially asking "was there more than one print on the bar" … if you're using symbols that are so thinly traded that H might be equal to L, I suggest you add a volume condition to the rule.

50sma IHB
L <= AVGC50 AND AVGC50 <= H AND H - O <= (H - L) / 2 AND H - C <= (H - L) / 3 AND H > L
… becomes:
L <= Sma(50) AND sma(50) <= H AND H - O <= (H - L) / 2 AND H - C <= (H - L) / 3 AND H > L
AshWebb
Posted 6/11/2015 5:41 AM (#6302 - in reply to #6299)

Spectator

Jim,
Gotta ask ...
Where the heck did you get Tanstfaafl from
Ash

Edited by AshWebb 6/11/2015 5:42 AM
JimDean
Posted 6/11/2015 5:55 AM (#6303 - in reply to #6302)

Owner/Admin

Hah! A long story, that …

Popularized by Robert Heinlien in the SF classic "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress". Great book, btw.

But the phrase/term was originally coined during the end of the Prohibition years (1919-1933 in the US) when the sale of hard liquor was banned. Near the end, in Chicago, the law was tempered by a rule that said liquor could be sold in a place that also sold meals.

The story goes that speakeasy's immediately went "legit" by offering food - a mouldy sandwich at the end of the counter with a sign "Free Lunch".

Thus was borne the saying:
"There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch"

Tanstaafl !
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 msgs/pg]
( E-mail a Link | Printer Version | Search Room )

Owner of site: Jim Dean -- Forum content is confidential, and may not be distributed without written permission.