Search | User Listing Vidsite | Calendars | Quotes
Home Page ->  Optimizing OmniVest -> Concepts and Overview -> View ThreadLogon (or Register, or Join TradeTight)

You are logged in as a limited-access Guest.To join TradeTight, first read the info in the Organization & Content room, then click the link above. 

Luke 12:33 (NKJV) ... Sell what you have and give alms; provide yourselves money bags which do not grow old, a treasure in the heavens that does not fail, where no thief approaches nor moth destroys.

Sticky OmniVest Questions and Comments
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 msgs/pg]
Jump to room :
JimDean
Posted 5/18/2013 6:46 AM (#4750)
Subject: OmniVest Questions and Comments

Owner/Admin

This thread is the interactive-offshoot of the "OmniVest Journey" thread, here:
http://tradetight.org/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=914

If you have questions or comments about OmniVest, intended primarily for people who DO NOT OWN it yet, that's what this thread is for. In-depth discussions about OmniVest have been going on for some time in a Room dedicated to it, within the Nirvana Club Section of this Forum, since up till now virtually all OVest customers have been NClub members.

So, please keep your postings here geared to being helpful for people who don't own OmniVest yet, or who are just getting started. Thanks!

Thread moved by JimDean on 8/4/2014 8:46 AM from Markets & Methods > OmniVest, Money Mgmt & Risk Control > OmniVest Questions and Comments

Top of the page Bottom of the page
RossKovacs
Posted 5/18/2013 9:25 AM (#4758 - in reply to #4750)

Veteran

Do we know anything more on the question of using our own strategies?
i.e.,
Will OmniVest permit me to create multiple custom Strategies of my own, using OmniLanguage, and upload them to the cloud for my personal use, managed by the OmniVest platform and Trade Processor?

Thread moved by JimDean on 8/4/2014 8:46 AM from Markets & Methods > OmniVest, Money Mgmt & Risk Control > OmniVest Questions and Comments

ThomasHelget
Posted 5/18/2013 11:54 AM (#4759 - in reply to #4750)

Elite

Jim:

Would it be possible to put your extensive methodology on OmniVest Profile creation described elsewhere on the forum in perhaps one .pdf file so that one could go on the OmniVest site and employ it linearly rather than having a lot of windows open and switching back and forth?

JimDean
Posted 5/18/2013 8:17 PM (#4760 - in reply to #4759)

Owner/Admin

Hi Tom
Much easier - just open a separate instance of your browser and put it sidebyside with the OmniVest display. Neither of those has to use up more than half of a hi-res screen. Believe it or not it took me over five hours to put that "Journey" info together and I really don't want to spend even more. And - this is a big part of why I created this forum, so that postings like this can be used by everyone. Finally, if I create a sep doc of it then that ends up making the rounds, and no one visits TradeTight ;-)

I hope you understand.

JimDean
Posted 5/18/2013 8:22 PM (#4761 - in reply to #4760)

Owner/Admin

Ross -
Afaik, Elite Trader is still in the works but no release date yet. I'll betcha we hear a lot about it at the Bash though. Through that means, Ed explained last fall that a user could write their own Strat and run it on their own machine to send signals to OVest that would be traded like other OVest strats. Presumably there would be a way to post historical performance too. But no details have been given.

I'm counting on it, and looking forward to it. All in due time.

JohnWolfraad
Posted 5/19/2013 2:38 AM (#4762 - in reply to #4761)

Veteran

Based on another site that provides strategies, I've found that historical data provided by the site are complete rubbish. I'm very keen for Ed and his team to run the strategy on the OV site on the OV history database and for OV to draw the resultant equity curve. Unfortunately the silence on this suggestion possible means that Nirvana doesn't agree with me but won't say so. Therefore watch out for historical equity curves that promise the world provided by unscrupulous people who just want to ramp your money for a 1 a year or so before you wake up to being fleeced! John

Edited by JohnWolfraad 5/19/2013 2:41 AM

JimDean
Posted 5/19/2013 6:10 AM (#4763 - in reply to #4762)

Owner/Admin

I agree, John. Not only to assure reality re historical data but also to decouple the ongoing reliability of signals from the users local machine. The ET Strat ideally would run alongside Nirvana's on its servers.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 msgs/pg]
( E-mail a Link | Printer Version | Search Room )

Owner of site: Jim Dean -- Forum content is confidential, and may not be distributed without written permission.