General News about the TradeTight Forum
JimDean
Posted 9/26/2011 5:08 PM (#3001)
Subject: General News about the TradeTight Forum

Owner/Admin

Keep an eye on this Thread ... announcements made here usually apply to everyone.

It's only avail for Admin postings, btw)

Thread moved by JimDean on 9/26/2011 5:18 PM from General Discussion > OTEC Member News > Current known "bugs" in the Forum

Top of the page Bottom of the page
JimDean
Posted 1/7/2012 10:29 AM (#3284 - in reply to #3001)

Owner/Admin

We have improved the Thread-Prompt email process. Some of you have been getting repeated "Thread-Minder" emails for a long time now, since you've never jumped to that thread to check out the post that originally started them.

So, we have modified the way this works. The Thread-Prompt appears when a post is made, and suspends any further emails to you about that thread for a week. If you have not visited the thread during that week, a Thread-Minder email will appear (a week after the first Prompt) with a link. And if you ignore that one, after one more week a (new) "Final-Minder" email will come to you. That will be the last email you will get to remind you about the post that occurred two weeks earlier.

While this is going on, you won't get any further Prompts about posts to that thread that occurred afterwards, so that your inbox does not get cluttered. However, after three weeks have passed, if you have not replied to the Prompt, Minder, or Final email, then no further reminders about that post will be sent, but any FUTURE posts to that thread will generate a new Thread Prompt, and the process will start again.

Click here for a more complete explanation, illustrated with email samples.

This should solve the problem of repeating emails that some of you have been experiencing.

Thread moved by JimDean on 9/26/2011 5:18 PM from General Discussion > OTEC Member News > Current known "bugs" in the Forum

JimDean
Posted 3/26/2013 3:51 PM (#4440 - in reply to #3284)

Owner/Admin

Periodically I need to remind EVERYONE to update their "mass-subscriptions", since I add new Rooms to the TT forum occasionally. When I add a new Room, it defaults to UN-checked in everybody's mass-subscription assignments, even if everything else is checked. Eventually we will add a new checkbox to auto-subscribe to everything ... and other checkboxes to subscribe to everything in a Section ... but for now, this is how it works.

SO - any of you who have not done so in the last six months (or in the last 6 hours, since I just added a Room today :~) ... please log on, click the "My Settings" link in the upper right, then look on the bottom right of your Profile/Settings screen for the big square Mass-Subscribe button. Click it, and go down the list of Rooms, being sure to check the ones you want (again ... there will be at LEAST one or more Rooms that you have not seen or checked before) ... click Submit, and then take a moment to review/update the other info in your profile, then click Submit again.

This will assure that you don't miss out on stuff you are interested in.

JimDean
Posted 1/16/2014 10:37 AM (#5559 - in reply to #3001)

Owner/Admin

Reminder to Everyone ...

Periodically, I add new Rooms to the various Sections of the TT forum. This happens mostly when Nirvana releases new plugins or modules, but also is done occasionally when it becomes clear that we need better organizational distinctions for things that folks like to discuss.

TODO: many of you have chosen to Mass-Subscribe to postings in Rooms that interest you ... that's done using the big square Mass-Subscribe button on the bottom right of your My Settings screen. THIS NEEDS TO BE PERIODICALLY UPDATED ... when I add new Rooms, you will not automatically be subscribed and might miss out on stuff.

I've added four new Rooms today ... two I was "behind" on (Divergence Trading and Profit View), and two for brand new products (SnapAnalyzer and RTX3). There have probably been a half-dozen others added, unrelated to plugins, over the past year as well.

So, for those of you who like to stay up to date with what's going on, I suggest that you visit your My Settings and run through the (long) list of Rooms to see which ones you might want to subscribe to.

And ... if anyone knows of a plugin or subscription that N offers that doesn't have a Room dedicated to it, please let me know! Btw ... "subscriptions" mean that you get emails when posts are made in that room ... it's not talking about fee-based stuff. :~)

JimDean
Posted 2/3/2014 3:37 PM (#5646 - in reply to #5559)

Owner/Admin

I've been asked to announce whenever I create a new Room, so that y'all can modify your "MySettings" profiles, and check the "MassSubscriptions" box related to that new Room ... that way you will get email-prompts about new postings in that Room (if you'd like).

I made two changes today:
1. changed the name of the "Datafeed Subscriptions" Section to "Nirvana Subscriptions"
2. added a new Room to that section for the new "Live Trading Lab" that N started up last week.

As usual for a new Room, I posted a brief Introduction explaining the intended scope for that Room:
http://tradetight.org/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1039

I encourage everyone who is participating in this 30-day free trial period to share their impressions in the new Room.

JimDean
Posted 7/25/2014 12:23 AM (#5907 - in reply to #5646)

Owner/Admin

Major Forum Addition - an entire new Section devoted to OmniVest!

There are eight new Rooms within that Section - if you're interested in OmniVest, be sure to go to the Forum, click on My settings (upper right), then near the bottom right of your Settings/Profile page, click Mass Subscribe. Then, scroll to the new Section and check the boxes for any or all of the new Rooms that have been created, so that you will get notifications about posts made to Threads in those Rooms of the new Section.

Over the next week or so I will be moving earlier posts about OmniVest from other Rooms into the new ones.

JimDean
Posted 7/26/2014 4:56 PM (#5913 - in reply to #5907)

Owner/Admin

Further to my prior post - I've just added two more Rooms to the Optimizing OmniVest list. So, even if you did so already for the first eight, you will need to once again use MySettings and the Mass Subscribe button to register for email notifications about those new Rooms.

By the way - the intent behind this OmniVest support follows the same philosophy as that of the rest of the TradeTight forum … to supplement, not replace, whatever support Nirvana is providing (or Steve/Mark via their site).

Primary focus will be on customization-related usage of OVest, rather than cookie cutter use. However, in the case of OVest, I expect that even the cookie cutter approaches will be superb!

I'll start moving existing threads into the new Rooms very soon.

JimDean
Posted 8/4/2014 9:03 AM (#5938 - in reply to #5913)

Owner/Admin

Final "heads up" about this -
There is now an entire major Section in the TT forum dedicated to OmniVest:
http://tradetight.org/category-view.asp?catlock=22

It has ten Rooms, and I've moved a lot of prior Threads from other places in the forum into these new rooms (more will be coming as well).

Important - if you are interested in this area, please be sure to go to your "MySettings" panel, click the MassSubscribe button at the bottom, then check the boxes for these ten new Rooms - so that when new posts appear, you'll get an email reminder.

JimDean
Posted 8/6/2014 10:42 AM (#5941 - in reply to #5938)

Owner/Admin

I've just added yet another Room ... this is a notice to y'all to go to your MySettings panel, and click the MassSubscribe button, and check the box for it, if you think you'll be interested in posts of that nature.

The new Room is called "Development of New Tools" - I'll moved prior threads there that fit, and will be starting a new one today. One of the main purposes for this Room is to give me a place to lay out my thoughts about general development work I am doing, unrelated to any particular contract someone might have given me. Sometimes these ideas will turn into "special projects" that people can sign up for ... sometimes they'll result in a "product" that people can buy ... sometimes the ideas will just be put on hold or die on the vine.

However, I always appreciate the insights that TradeTight participants offer in this kind of process. I hope that the ideas pique your interest, and that input you provide can help me refine things to be more useful and effective.

JimDean
Posted 8/29/2015 3:20 PM (#6486 - in reply to #5941)

Owner/Admin

Important Notice:

I've recently added another Section to the Forum ... "Custom TradeTight Routines" ... there are initially three Rooms in that section ... "Universal Instructions & Tools" (just added today), and "MTV Market Trend & Volatility" & "Syms Name, Indus & ETV Xref" (both added a week or so ago).

For those of you who are interested in "keeping up" with what's going on, you will need to click "My Settings" (top right of forum window), then click "Mass-Subscribe" (bottom right of Settings panel), then scroll nearly to the bottom to find these three new Rooms. Check those boxes if you'd like to receive notifications of posts (frequency set by your choices on the main panel).

This new Section initiates a new "phase" for TradeTight. You will see a growing number of tools offered for sale, that work in Nirvana products (OT/VT/OVest). They will all be carefully tested, highly flexible, and unique in concept ... the "cadillac" opportunities. MTV is the initial offering. Several more tools will be provided before the end of the year (systems, filters, stops).

Since I now can utilize DLL's, message boxes, and text files as part of the toolkit, the sophistication level of these routines will often be beyond any other tools offered in the past. I'll be able to keep costs affordable (in comparison to individual contract work) by going this route. I hope you all will find this new aspect of TradeTight to be helpful.

So, it's probably a good idea to keep an eye on this new area of the forum.

(New Section.png)

Attachments
Attachments New Section.png (15KB - 3 downloads)
JimDean
Posted 1/9/2016 6:16 PM (#6874 - in reply to #6486)

Owner/Admin

Big Announcement: an important new Room has been added to the forum ... and unlike previous occasions, this time I've pre-loaded it with a huge amount of information.

The Room is titled: MTV OmniScripts Library & Use ... it's in the Custom TradeTight Routines Section (third Section from the end of the forum)

If you are interested at all in MTV, then be sure to check out this information ... it's very comprehensive, with lots and lots of pictures, and a decent start on from-the-ground-up explanations.

You do NOT need to have purchased the MTVcore or MTVxprt plugin, to make use of this. And the scope of uses is huge ... multiple applications for it on virtually every platform that Nirvana sells (OmniTrader, VisualTrader, OmniVest, and OmniFunds).

If you want to keep up with the ongoing additional info I'm posting nearly every day to that Room (for a few more days), go to the TT Forum, log in (if necessary), open My Settings (top right of window), then click on the big Mass Subscribe button (bottom right of My Settings pane), then scroll down to the Custom TradeTight Routines Section, and CHECK the box for the new MTV OmniScripts Library & Use room. Then click Submit button at the bottom, and again click the Submit button at the bottom of the My Settings screen.

The direct link to the new Room is: http://tradetight.org/forums/forum-view.asp?catlock=23&fid=196

(the prior post in this announcement thread deals with the creation of that Section, and three other Rooms in it ... in case you missed that announcement :~)