Sticky Post Requests for Scans here ...
JimDean
Posted 7/22/2011 8:19 AM (#2594)
Subject: Post Requests for Scans here ...

Owner/Admin

In order to try to keep things organized, so that others can find them in the future and so that threads do not get mixed up, this Thread is dedicated just to OMNISCANS, using pure OmniScript if at all possible. "Extended" responses will often be put in other threads, which will be dedicated to the creation of the requested script.

Occasionally a Scan will require the use of a custom OmniLanguage Indicator - those Indicators should be documented in the Room dedicated to Current-Bar Code, used for Focus Lists or OmniScans ... these functions don't (need to) plot values and are generally designed (for speed) to Return a result only for the last bar of the data series.

So, if a thread does not already exist that deals with your desired OmniScan, just post your question here. Please DON'T post requests for help with Syntax or Indicators or Systems or Stops or Filters or ColorCharts or Setups or Measurements or Transforms in this Thread (or this Room) - there are other Threads dedicated for those requests.

If there is a "fast answer" pointing out an existing solution, it will be given in this Thread. Otherwise, if someone creates a solution for that request, it should be provided in SEPARATE Thread with an appropriate name, in the appropriate Room that's dedicated for that kind of function. Ideally, you should put a single response-post in THIS thread, with a URL-link pointing to the new Thread with the response.

Thanks!

Thread moved by JimDean on 7/22/2011 8:50 AM from OLang, OScript & OPilot > Writing OScript Filters > Post Requests for Scans here ...

Top of the page Bottom of the page
JimDean
Posted 7/22/2011 8:30 AM (#2595 - in reply to #2594)
Subject: Post Requests for Scans here ...

Owner/Admin

PLEASE NOTE:

Click here if you have questions or submissions regarding OMNISCAN USE, such as creating Custom Lists, working with Starting Populations, or dealing with any of the "canned" Nirvana Lists.

Click here if you have questions or submissions regarding FUNDAMENTAL scan rules, i.e. those which cannot be addressed by an OmniScript Technical filter, and which require a subscription to OmniScan to obtain the data they use.

Click here if you have questions or submissions regarding a PATTERN SCANS subscription.

Click here if you have questions or submissions regarding a WAVE SCANS subscription.

Thread moved by JimDean on 7/22/2011 8:50 AM from OLang, OScript & OPilot > Writing OScript Filters > Post Requests for Scans here ...

WesSmith
Posted 7/22/2011 8:47 AM (#2545 - in reply to #2594)
Subject: Post Requests for Scans/Filters here ...

Veteran

I'd be happy with some good scans to find trade-able stocks
- good volume, float, turn-over etc
- trade-ability ... smooth movers etc
- And incorporate some of Lain's work re determining how large a trade

JimDean
Posted 7/22/2011 8:48 AM (#2547 - in reply to #2594)

Owner/Admin

That's the main focus of the Finding Friendly Focus Lists training ... which will be coming out right after I get the Bash vid's done (they are taking a HUGE amount of time to edit btw ... 10+ hours to complete the first 45-min installment).

I've got my own "smart-sizing" method that is built in to that, and which I think you'll find to be useful. I'm not sure specifically what you're referring to re Lain's work, but when we get to that point in the training, please bring it up.

JimDean
Posted 5/30/2015 9:39 AM (#6262 - in reply to #2547)

Owner/Admin

This request was made:
Please help me code a close above EMA(8) when yesterdays close was below the EMA(8)

answer:

C > EMA(8) and C[1] < EMA(8)[1]

... note ... if C or C[1] exactly equals the EMA that day, then this test does not identify a crossover.