Sticky Things that YOU need to Initialize
JimDean
Posted 6/3/2010 3:30 PM (#382)
Subject: Things that YOU need to Initialize

Owner/Admin

WELCOME TO THE TradeTight FORUM !

Once you have registered, you will be assigned a User ID that is simply your First and Last name (no space). We will make sure that there aren't two of the same name ;~) That ID will remain unchanged ... we want to encourage everyone to get to know one another, and this is a good way to start the process!

Along with your User ID, you'll be given a Password that is also unique to you. However, we WANT you to change that password (explained below) - and in order to do that, you'll have to Log On to the forum as a Member - guests can view a little bit of the forum, and can only post things in one Room ... Members have almost complete freedom. The first graphic below shows the Logon button ...

That takes you to the Logon Panel (second graphic). Pretty simple - type in your UserID ... no spaces, caps don't matter

(Logon Button.png)

(Initial Forum Logon.png)

(Logoff Panel.png)

Attachments
Attachments Logon Button.png (23KB - 9 downloads)
Attachments Initial Forum Logon.png (12KB - 4 downloads)
Attachments Logoff Panel.png (9KB - 5 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
JimDean
Posted 6/3/2010 3:40 PM (#383 - in reply to #382)
Subject: Things that YOU need to set up ...

Owner/Admin

If you are a Nirvana Club member ... (skip this post if you aren't)

Nirvana Club members need to send me an email (hvacsage@yahoo.com) that includes your name (as Nirvana knows it), and your four-to-six-digit-all-numeric Nirvana ID account number (the one you use to sign on with, when you download plugins or access your account). Do NOT send me your Nirvana password.

I will send your name and ID to Nirvana, requesting verification of your NClub membership, and as soon as I get it, I will add your name to the list of those who have access to the TradeTight forum's Nirvana Club topics section.

I'm being VERY careful not to accidentally violate Nirvana's confidentiality agreement.

Thanks!
JimDean
Posted 6/3/2010 3:50 PM (#384 - in reply to #383)

Owner/Admin

Now for the "good stuff" ...

I strongly believe that we will have a more enjoyable and fruitful time together if we make an effort to get to know one another ... both in regards to trading topics, but also a bit on the personal side as well. With that in mind, we've created a tailored User Profile that allows us to share a bit about ourselves with other Members, without exposing any sensitive personal information.

The graphic below is the User Profile that you will see if you click on my underlined name, next to any post that I've made ... you'll also see the little picture next to each post. That picture, and the use of a "real name", will help others to "relate" to me better than if I was known simply as "that Nickname guy in Atlanta".

The Profile shows the member's general location and timezone, but does not expose their email address. If you want to send a private message to someone, you can open up this box and click on the big square button on the top right. The message goes into their TradeTight Forum Inbox ... but a simple notice will automatically be sent to their email address, to tell them something has hit their inbox. If y'all want to exchange personal emails or phone numbers, you're welcome to ... but that info is not exposed to the group at large. Guests do not have access to any of this info, btw.

The Profile has a center section that summarizes "key aspects" of the person's trading experience with OT, and gives a pretty good picture of what OmniTrader products they own. (A much more extensive profile is created on the TradeTight Website.)

The Background and Interests box is for you to fill out however you want ... it can be quite long. This is the one (and only) place in the Forum that you can feel free to discuss any products or services that you might want to offer to other Members. You can provide URL's or contact email or phone. Whatever you wish (as long as it's not offensive).

(Forum Profile (Jim).png)

Attachments
Attachments Forum Profile (Jim).png (66KB - 4 downloads)
JimDean
Posted 6/3/2010 4:00 PM (#385 - in reply to #384)

Owner/Admin

How to set up your Profile ...

Simple ... just click on the My Settings link at the top right of the Forum window. Several broken-out graphics are provided below to highlight the various sections described.

At the top left, please fill in your name, and your City and State (or if overseas, your City/State and Country). It is VERY VERY important that you provide the Email address that you use most frequently, since you'll be relying on it for communications from the Forum. Keep in mind that you have great control over what hits your Inbox ... we've gone overboard to provide you with many options ... see the E-Mail Notification Options thread for complete info. The dropdown box makes it easy to indicate what time zone you are in as well.

In the center left, six of the inputs are dropdown boxes with pre-determined selections ... most are pretty obvious. One of the most important defines the OmniTrader version you own, and the datafeed that you use. Please indicate your "skill level" in each of the three categories. The "signature" box in the bottom right of this pane provides a way to define the final line or two that you might use for your posts (this defaults to on if the "Use your signature" answer is Yes). You can turn it off or on for individual posts. You might use it to show a one or two line motto, or contact info (email, url, etc). Or, don't use it at all :~)

The checkbox for Nirvana Club is to inform others about your membership ... but access to the restricted TradeTight Nirvana Club area is dependent on verification from Nirvana (explained in an earlier post).

(Name Locn Email Time Settings.png)

(Tools Skills Background Settings.png)

(OT Version Owned Dropdown.png)

Attachments
Attachments Name Locn Email Time Settings.png (9KB - 4 downloads)
Attachments Tools Skills Background Settings.png (32KB - 4 downloads)
Attachments OT Version Owned Dropdown.png (9KB - 3 downloads)
JimDean
Posted 6/3/2010 4:10 PM (#386 - in reply to #385)

Owner/Admin

Passwords and Pictures ...

The top right of the My Settings screen should be utilized to reset your password to something unique and different from the somewhat un-imaginative one that we initially assigned you. This is important - please do it right away. Type in your current password, then type in the new password - you have to type the new one twice to verify it. It must be at least six characters ... you can use letters, numbers, and simple punctuation (a mix of them is advisable). Upper/lower case is ignored.

The center right of My Settings is very important, in my opinion, for ALL of us to utilize ... a PICTURE of YOU! Please don't skip over this!. We want a real "close-up" photo of you, not a cartoon or one of your family ... just something that we can "relate to" when communicating. If you are unsure about how to make your picture "fit", just email it to me and I will be happy to "adjust" it for you - hvacsage@yahoo.com

That just about does it! You can of course change any of the details at any time in the future. Please take a few minutes right now to handle this, and we'll all appreciate it. Thanks!

(Change-Password Box.png)

(Profile Image Upload.png)

Attachments
Attachments Change-Password Box.png (6KB - 4 downloads)
Attachments Profile Image Upload.png (26KB - 4 downloads)